Announcements

2 songs in one

2 songs in one

Hello again ❤️

Hope everyone's having a nice day

Would you care to share a song/songs of any genre which have a part that sounds like it could be a whole different song on it's own.

Mine is a song by Lorde, Hard Feelings/Loveless  . In any case, the part does gel well with the rest of the song 

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 Reply

Great topic, @Taylith!

Here are a couple examples of tracks from my library which sound to me like they have 2 distinct “movements,” as if two separate songs are linked together within the same track:

• “Red Star, Pt. 1 & 2” by King Buffalo:

https://open.spotify.com/track/3pSQzoCF9QvhRNjGhjT8Af?si=5cb375718bd24178

As is indicated in its title, this track has two sections. Pt. 1 (0:00-11:42) has a slower tempo and progressively evolves, the percussion and guitar melodies gradually building and intensifying while synths drone in the background. I think this section bridges perfectly into Pt. 2 (11:42-16:21), which is faster and has a more urgent sound driven by distorted riffs and energetic guitar leads.

King Buffalo have also included a “radio edit” for Pt. 2 of this track on their Dead Star album, and I think that this “movement” of the song sounds great on its own as well:

spotify:track:5wf7FSH0HXNWVCbP8KQXWI:small 

• “I’m the Mountain” by Stoned Jesus:

https://open.spotify.com/track/1e1IiUItCGhp8LvU8aZ213?si=09c9b4205d394225

This track begins with an introduction section (0:00 - 2:08) featuring only acoustic guitar and vocals, which has a distinct melodic progression compared to the middle part of the song (2:08 - 14:50). The middle section includes both acoustic- and electric guitar, bass, drums, and vocals; and while it shifts considerably, exploring multiple themes throughout the section, I think that as a whole, it sounds more like rock music than does the intro, which sounds to me more folk-inspired. Then there is an outro, a sort of reprise of the introduction, which nicely concludes the track (14:50 - 16:01). 

There’s also another version of “I’m the Mountain” from Stoned Jesus’ Seven Thunders Roar (Anniversary Deluxe Edition) album, without the intro/outro sections; and I think it sounds great as well in its own right:

spotify:track:7uX2bwcyyRT1rQrKZoj1gD:small 

Cheers!

TreyAnastasioSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts