Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2023 Music Predictions: What & Who Will Rise in 2023

Solved!

2023 Music Predictions: What & Who Will Rise in 2023

With the year closing in on us and the accolades of 2022 have been delivered, I am curious of what new artists, technology and sounds we will encounter in 2023.  

My top Genres listened too and participating in in 2022 were Hip-Hop, Indie/Alternative & Electronic ... They all gained some amazing moments this year and continue to showcase some amazing talents. I am curious what we believe we will see happening in 2023. SO LETS PLAY A GAME!

Tell me your Music Predictions for 2023! Here are Mine:

1) R&B will be the largest rising Genre in terms of Global Awareness and Most Streamed

2) An Electronic Music Festival will showcase the importance of "House Music" this year which will showcase artists from other genres joining in and making the sound even more Global. 

3) Gospel Music will gain a re-emergence with a twist. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good on you for this topic. Super fun to discuss. Sorry if my answers deviate slightly from your intended topic.

• (Crazy bold prediction) There will be a breakthrough guitar band that opens the door to similar artists. The band doesn’t necessarily need to be the first ones to play the type of music at hand, but be the figurehead that propelled it into the mainstream most significantly. *Examples of this could be The Strokes and garage rock, Oasis and Britpop, Nirvana and Grunge, etc. 
  • There will be a very popular mainstream artist or collective group or mainstream artists that risk alienating their fanbases by advocating for societal cooperation in the U.S. *The political divide has never been so wide and damaging, and influential artists traditionally associated with either the left or right end of the political spectrum will use their fame and influence to promote cooperation.
  • Young people (man I sound old- I’m 37, but am referring to the 18-25 range) will create a new platform by which virtual events will become a valid form of entertainment. Something like exclusive virtual concerts but with additional functionality that emulates the live experience- such as having access to merchandise, 3D functionality that allows you to move around, interactivity with the artist through song recommendations, etc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Good on you for this topic. Super fun to discuss. Sorry if my answers deviate slightly from your intended topic.

• (Crazy bold prediction) There will be a breakthrough guitar band that opens the door to similar artists. The band doesn’t necessarily need to be the first ones to play the type of music at hand, but be the figurehead that propelled it into the mainstream most significantly. *Examples of this could be The Strokes and garage rock, Oasis and Britpop, Nirvana and Grunge, etc. 
  • There will be a very popular mainstream artist or collective group or mainstream artists that risk alienating their fanbases by advocating for societal cooperation in the U.S. *The political divide has never been so wide and damaging, and influential artists traditionally associated with either the left or right end of the political spectrum will use their fame and influence to promote cooperation.
  • Young people (man I sound old- I’m 37, but am referring to the 18-25 range) will create a new platform by which virtual events will become a valid form of entertainment. Something like exclusive virtual concerts but with additional functionality that emulates the live experience- such as having access to merchandise, 3D functionality that allows you to move around, interactivity with the artist through song recommendations, etc.

@TomJGad wow! This is truly a detailed answer but very intriguing as well. I love the third point you made about the Virtual Performance platform. I have actually witnessed this format beginning earlier this year with an app called Encore (@clapforencore). I can see platforms similar to this rising up and making stages available all over the world for a global audience to enjoy. 

The first point you made had me excited as I hope I can be a part of this journey of discovery for that new sound from a guitar-based band. In the last year, genres like Indie-Rock have become more alluring as i have worked with more Alternative sounds. This will be fun to watch throughout the year.   

Thanks for your feedback.  

Hi, nice to meet y'all, right now I have no head for this, is kind of fun to read your predictions (in a good way), I think is more like what do you want to happen or imagine something you would like to happen more that predictions but once again it's fun to read it. 

I'm not good at this, imagining or predicting the future, but one thing that I know is going to keep happening for the unknown and upcoming artists is the struggle to get heard, to have a stage, to be able to reach editorial playlists, "to succeed" in this career, letting the world know about their art/work. 

And it's not a prediction, just the thing that I do day in and day out, keep working to help them to reach bigger audiences. 

Maybe I was wrong at the beginning of this post, but one thing that I'm sure is going to happen is that we're going to have more people sharing their art, young and old, all-life musicians or people trying it for the first time, the software and apps will help the younger ones, and any instrument like a ukelele or a guitar to others to develop their wish to create art/music and even when a lot of them will still working their day time jobs, they'll find great pleasure during their free time fulfilling their dreams to express in a different form what might be hard doing it in any other way. 

But who knows, maybe I'm just a bit crazy or old, or both. All the best for 2023. 

Always onwards!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts