Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album rewind options

Solved!

Album rewind options

I never want an album to repeat but it always defaults on to replay the album. Can this be altered. Thanks John

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks. It used to stay off. Maybe itโ€™s after an update and if you switch it off it stays off     It would be nice just to to have it turned off for good. Who wants to listen to the same album over and over again. I usually forget to turn it off when Iโ€™m driving and then have to pull over to sort it out. Ah well not a great problem in the great scheme of things. Thanks Sebasty. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello @Johnlewis14666!

If you want to turn off album repeat, try toggling off the Repeat feature:

The button on the right is Repeat. Here it's enabled.The button on the right is Repeat. Here it's enabled.

To disable it, click on it until it's grey.

Let me know how it goes for you ๐Ÿ™‚

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I do turn it off when I remember. It seems to go to repeat as default more than not repeat. I was wondering if the tech people at Spotify could give you a setting to permanently turn it off. I do like the feature of tunes playing after the album finishes which may match the album played. But I never want to listen to the album again.  Cheers Sebasty 

Huh that's interesting ๐Ÿค” it certainly stays off for me, but when I do toggle it on, I tend to forget it on. : )

The autoplay feature which plays similar songs after an album/playlist ends is a different feature and would generally play next to nothing from the album itself, but repeat is a feature that may get toggled on by accident, especially on mobile.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Thanks. It used to stay off. Maybe itโ€™s after an update and if you switch it off it stays off     It would be nice just to to have it turned off for good. Who wants to listen to the same album over and over again. I usually forget to turn it off when Iโ€™m driving and then have to pull over to sort it out. Ah well not a great problem in the great scheme of things. Thanks Sebasty. 

What album does Who want to keep listening to, over and over again? If he's anything like me, it's probably "Somewhere In Time", by Iron Maiden. Back in the day, I used to play that album, then start it right over.

Follow me

Suggested posts