Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist/album/song titles in all capital letters

Artist/album/song titles in all capital letters

I’ve noticed that sometimes, artists choose to include their name, their album titles, or songs titles in all capital letters. Do you think that this looks cool, or is annoying? Feel free to share!

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
5 Replies

In my Opinion it's not annoying it kinda looks cool and I think that artists do that because they want people to see their song and listen to it and get it to charts and our eyes are more likely to look at Capital Letters than the normal writing. What do you think about it?

I guess I don’t think it is annoying, or cool; but it does look kind of funny to me, almost as if the artists are shouting at their listeners. It’s great if it helps artists to expand their audience, though.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

I don’t mind the artist’s name in caps, but I don’t really like the track title in all caps unless it makes sense to be. It’s a bit of a turn off, and I’m less likely to listen to that particular song over the artist’s others initially.

If album and track titles are in all caps, I generally see it as a metadata issue 😄

I don't mind artist names being in all caps or mixed case (DFNKT, NEWSENSEi, CVLNRST, etc) in some ways it's far more fitting than, eg Dfnkt.

Really not necessary for track titles being all caps though, in my opinion

As long as these things stay in all caps or mixed case, it's cool. I'm more annoyed if an album would suddenly stop being allcaps, or the other way around because this stuff might mess up my scrobbles. 🙃

SebastySpotify Star

Hey everyone, 

I've also noticed some artists use capital letters for track/album titles or even their own artist name. I wonder why, maybe it's a way of expression. I find it a bit unusual how it looks when managing my music collection, but still don't pay too much attention to it. 

Such is the case with a favorite artist of mine, Norwegian vocal artist AURORA. Even more, she's my top artist in my Wrapped 2020, so I can't really complain. 

spotify:track:1UKFyg5ShtIxJOH0jY5gPz:small 

spotify:track:43nFhoG7Kenn6b5cbKrBu8:small 

Suggested posts