Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Band t-shirt selfie [Contest] [Closed]

Band t-shirt selfie [Contest] [Closed]

Hey guys! It's time for your monthly Spotify Community contest.

This month we want to see a selfie with your favourite band t-shirt--along with a quick post about why you love it

Your shirt can be be nostalgic, the band you've seen 13 times (ahem @Richard ), the shirt you've worn so much you can barely read the band name--anything you want. Just tell us why you love it.

We'll give the user with our favorite post 3 months of Premium and the two runner-ups 1 month of Premium

UPDATE: We've announced our 3 winners. Check them out right here.

Photo on 09-05-2014 at 16.23 #2.jpg

The Rules:
  1. One entry per person.
  2. The competition will close at 10am (Stockholm time) on Wednesday 28 May. Spotify Employees will then scroll through your band t-shirt selfies (and stories) and pick the 3 we personally love the most.
  3. Any unsportsmanlike behaviour will result in disqualification.
  4. Only entries received before Wednesday, 28 May 2014, 10:00:00 (Stockholm time) will be counted.
25 Replies

Photo on 4-2-14 at 12.52 AM #2.jpg

Band on T-Shirt: Odesza

Story: I came across Odesza through the Radio feature on Spotify and liked one of their songs that played. Weeks go by and Songkick got integrated with Spotify and I saw that Odesza was coming into town for a concert! I listened to their songs again and I instantly clicked on the Sonkick link. Tickets were only $10. There was no way I could miss a concert for $10. I eventually told my mom and showed her their music and she said "Let's go! Buy tickets!". Skip to the concert (let's not talk about how I was an hour late and I was almost in tears, but once I got there it didn't even start yet), my mom said she was going to go outside and she came back and surprising me with the t-shirt. Now they were out of men's shirts so she bought a women's shirt for me, but who cares, it's Odesza's shirt and it fits snug. The concert was beyond amazing. 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I gave my Prodigy Hoodie to a friend so that she would not be cold walking home.  I forgot that it was her leaving party and I no longer have my hoody 😞  

2712_169694490093_4298207_n.jpg

So, to bump this post etc.  Here is me rocking out to the Prodigy in the Newcastle Arena.  I have been a fan of the Prodigy since the Charly track. 

Great post Merik.

Handzup Motherf*ckers.jpg

Listen, feel, enjoy - hands up!

The story: I disovered at 2012 this song of Crystal Lake (of course from Spotify) and I immediately was in love with Hands Up music. Now I have over 1,500 songs playlist in Spotify Premium with Hands Up only music. I think that when I hear house-electro, I bring bass back, techno-techno! I have Crystal Lake T-shirt, cap and bag 🙂 There is no better music than dancecore, harddance (handsup), hardstyle and jumpstyle.

Hands Up until I die!

2014-05-20 04.04.25 1.jpgI'm wearing an Andrew Bird "Break it Yourself" heart tee! He's an amazing artist, lyricist, and crazy whistler! I love this particular song on the Break it Yourself album, "Eyeoneye", because it's so relatable. Lots of times when we get our heart broken we try to be more cautious the next time...however, we break our own hearts by not allowing ourselves to be vulnerable and be loved.

"You've done the impossible now
Took yourself apart
Made yourself invulnerable
No one can break your heart
So you break it yourself"

[Contest Chat]

Is that @meahtenoha in the pic? I always thought you are a girl lol.

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@pnc wrote:

[Contest Chat]

I'm pretty sure that picture is @Richard lol. 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

@Merik wrote:

@pnc wrote:

[Contest Chat]

I'm pretty sure that picture is @Richard lol. 

Yep, that's @Richard 🙂 

Where to begin...? I first saw singer-songwriter Tony Memmel perform at the Helping Hands Foundation winter outing in 2013. Helping Hands is support group for kids with upper limb differences, and their families. My own son, now 2 1/2, was born missing the fingers on his left hand. I was still struggling with my son's hand difference at the time, since it was unexpected. When I heard Tony play his song America To Go, it was a revelation. Not only was the song beautiful, and the lyrics so inspiring, but Tony was picking the strings with his left arm, which does not have a hand! I realized that my son has a bright future ahead of him, full of possibilities, rather than impossibilities. Today, Tony Memmel's music is a staple in our household. You just gotta hear this guy for yourself!! I have never found a person who didn't love him! www.tonymemmel.com http://open.spotify.com/user/rcrash33/playlist/4M7GbQEPJSendXpn0N3HZJ 

Barb tshirt selfie.jpg

Band T-Shirt Selfie

Me (with the Nirvana shirt) and my friend and his girlfriend during Day Two of Carolina Rebellion 2014. I think I got the shirt from my dad, but I can't remember. All I know is, Carolina Rebellion was the best weekend of my life. Saw sick bands, got to hang out with a few friends, and it was my first music festival experience and I can't wait to do it again. 

I found an Imagine Dragons shirt at one of my favorite places, Hot Topic, and absolutely had to get it. The first song I heard from them was Radioactive and I immediately knew I was going to love the rest of their music. So upbeat and i listen to them ALL THE TIME I wish I could see them in concert. It would be AMAZING ^^ If theres someone who hasn't heard their music, do yourself a favor and check it out now! 🙂

WIN_20140507_152407 (2).JPG

Erm... What if we don't have a band T-Shirt? I've never actually seen any bands (I don't really see the point, and I don't like any that much individually).

Liam

I Think  Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kiss , Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne and Ac/Dc  shirts are the best rock t shirts of all time.

It is too bad I lost my old Iron Maiden Somewhere In Time World Tour T-Shirt that was my first big concert I had seen with a big touring band in 1986 at the time, I had already Missed out on Van Halen on their 1984 tour and the last for David Lee Roth with the band at the time a couple years earlier, but this show from Iron Maiden made up for it big time at the time. The band with their artists Derek Riggs really did make memorial art for the band during his career with them. If I can find a picture of the style of T-Shirt I had from that North American Tour in 86' I will post an update here.

Edited to add: Well it was not quite like this shirt, the version I had was dark tye dye shirt with the same image on the front and back seen below.

Shirt Fron

Front

Back of Shirt

Back

Awesome! I sincerely thank you, Barb... I loved reading your entry! 

Snapshot_20140527_6.JPGHi 🙂

This is my only t-shirt with a bands name ( My mother is an rock and roll freak ;P) So i choosed between this and a Run Dmc, and this one it is.. iwish you all a great summer and dont forget to rock, rave, love as long as you live... and it´s fore a long, long time. 

Whith Love

Xo Xo

Malin ❤️

Hey everyone--thanks so much for sharing your favorite band t-shirts with us!

The contest is now closed and we're taking a look at all your entries today.

As soon as we've got our 3 winners we'll post again here 🙂

Hey folks! We're ready to announce our winners. 

Our two runner-ups are....

@Merik with his ODESZA t-shirt:

merik t shirt.jpeg

and @Bbrandt33 's Tony Memmel t-shirt:

Barb.jpg

Congrats guys--1 month of Premium is coming your way!

And the winner of your May 2014 Spotify Community contest is.....

@estradabranca 's with this Andrew Bird t-shirt!

estradabranca.jpeg

You'll be getting 3 months of Premium on us @estradabranca !

Keep an eye on your inbox for your prizes guys! Thanks for entering the contest and we'll see you here for another contest in June!

Woohoo! Thank you @meahtenoha and everyone at Spotify! 🙂

Also congratulations to @Bbrandt33 and @estradabranca! Enjoy those tunes! 🙂 

Suggested posts