Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Behind a song : "Slow Down" by Gerry Rafferty (new release)

Behind a song : "Slow Down" by Gerry Rafferty (new release)

Behind a song : "Slow Down" by Gerry Rafferty

Tragically dead of liver failure in January 2011, Gerry Rafferty was a Scottish rock singer-songwriter, born in 1947 into a working-class family in Paisley, Renfrewshire, Scotland. He was best known for his solo hit "Baker Street" in the late 1970s.

spotify:track:5gOd6zDC8vhlYjqbQdJVWP:small

After being a member of the Folk-Pop group The Humblebums (1969-1971), he formed, in 1972, the duo Stealers Wheel with his friend Joe Egan. In 1973, they recorded another famous song "Stuck in the Middle with You" which was used prominently in the 1992 Tarantino's movie Reservoir Dogs.

spotify:track:3Vby4nGmtbDo7HDJamOWkT:small

His daughter, Martha Rafferty, who has relaunched the website https://gerryrafferty.com/, went through all the demos tapes he has left behind him - some from as far as 1970 - for crafting the posthumous new album "Rest in Blue" due to September 3, 2021.

She has stripped away many layers of synthesizers for fully reveal Rafferty's vocal prowess. The album will also contain a rerecording of the Stealers Wheel classic, "Stuck In The Middle With You" recorded back in the 1990s, complete with a fresh, country-inspired interpretation.

Lead single "Slow Down" was released on June 24, 2021.

spotify:track:1t6iqwiBtWXRrZZqZsud56

*sources : Wikipedia / rhino.com

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 Reply

I never knew about his connection with Billy Connolly in The Humblebums until recently. A shame that collaboration didn't keep producing over the years. Very much looking forward to this release though, thanks @Soundofus 

Suggested posts