Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best albums of 2015

Best albums of 2015

We've wrapped up the Albums of 2014 thread with the full 2014 playlist here.

Now you can start sharing the albums you recommend from 2015 with the Spotify Community below. We recommend posting a Spotify Play Button following these steps:

1. Right click on the desired song/ playlist. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'.

2. Go to your Community post. 

3. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.51.27 AM.png

4. Paste URI.

5. Click Post. 

And remember to give kudos to the albums you also agree belong on the "best of 2015" list. 

I'll get us started with my current favorite for 2015: Panda Bear's new album "Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper".

Want to share your favorite songs of 2015? Join this thread here. 

417 Replies

Hello !

Siskiyou - Nervous ( 2015 )

Siskiyou is a Canadian indie folk band formed in Vancouver, consisting of singer-songwriter Colin Huebert and guitarist Erik Arnesen. Formed to record songs that Huebert wrote after leaving Great Lake Swimmers to work on an organic farm in British Columbia, the band released its self-titled debut album on September 7, 2010. ( Wikipedia )

Second album titled " Keep Away the Dead " on October 2011

The latest album is entitled "nervous" ( 2015 ) and is perfect

Hello !

Ghost Culture - Ghost Culture ( 2015 )

Ghost Culture is the debut studio album released by electronic musician Jason Greenwood under the name Ghost Culture. It was released on 12 January 2015 through Phantasy Sound, distributed through Because Music. Upon release it reached No. 20 in the Independent Album Breakers chart. It was released to largely favourable reviews. ( Wikipedia )

Hello !

Punch Brothers - The phosphorescent Blues ( 2015 )

The Phosphorescent Blues is the fourth studio album by the American group Punch Brothers, released on January 27th, 2015. The band announced the release of the album's first single, "I Blew It Off", on November 17th, 2014, On December 4th, 2014, the group announced the album's name and release date, along with the second single, "Julep". ( Wikipedia )

Amason - Sky City (released 25 January on Fairfax Recordings

Frequently referred to as a Swedish "supergroup", Amason releases their first full-length album after a number of singles released over the past couple of years, which included my favorite song of 2013, "Went to War". 

Hello

Pop rock psyche, they are Belgian "Bed rugs" just released "Cycle", their latest album ( 2015 )

Hello !

Motorama is an independent rock band formed in cold wave 2005 and a native of Rostov-on-Don in Russia

In 2015, "Poverty". Album still very "Cold Wave"

Invisible Familiars - Disturbing Wildlife ( 2015 )

New York singer songwriter Jared Samuel, who has played with Martha Wainwright, Sharon Jones, Cibo Matto and Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger to name a few, makes music of his own as Invisible Familiars. His music is quirky, poppy and danceable as you'll be able to hear when Invisible Familiars' debut album, Disturbing Wildlife, comes out January 27 via Other Music Recording Company.

( brooklynvegan.com )

Here is the album on Spotify

Jib Kidder - Situations In Love (Teaspoon To The Ocean - 2015 )

Jib Kidder (Sean Schuster-Craig) was born in Louisville, raised in Georgia, educated in Michigan and bouncing between California and New York ever since, he has spent the last decade exploring a variety of approaches to psychedelic collage. His work involves audio recordings, songs, videos, sculptures, digital paintings, chalk murals & written work. ( dominopublishingco.com )

Hello !

Belle & Sebastian - Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance ( 2015 )

Belle and Sebastian are an indie pop band formed in Glasgow in January 1996. Led by Stuart Murdoch, they've released 9 albums. They are often compared with acts such as Nick Drake.

Girls in Peacetime Want to Dance is the ninth studio album by Belle and Sebastian, released on 19 January 2015

( Wikipedia )

http://open.spotify.com/user/ofs182

Hello !

Twerps - Range Anxiety ( 2015 )

Cheeky, charming and touchingly direct, Melbourne foursome Twerps are international pop champions. Formed in late 2008, Twerps were called "the best new band in Australia" by Uncut on the basis of their debut self-titled EP and toured the US in support of their 2011 full-length Twerps including heralded appearances at CMJ and SXSW. ( Merge Rec. )

Since 2011, two other albums. "Underlay" in 2014 and "Range Anxiety" in 2015

Hello !

Murder By Death - Big Dark Love ( 2015 )

Murder by Death is an American five-piece indie rock band from Bloomington, Indiana. Their name is derived from the 1976 Robert Moore film of the same name.
On November 5, 2014, the band announced that their seventh album, Big Dark Love, would be released on February 3, 2015, on Bloodshot Records.

( Wikipedia )

T'Pau just released Pleasure & Pain on February 2, 2015.

Hello

The Oh Hellos ( Ep - 2015 )

The Oh Hellos are an eclectic folk rock duo from San Marcos, Texas consisting of the siblings Tyler Heath and Maggie Heath. They are currently an independent band, and have released two albums, The Oh Hello's and Through the Deep, Dark Valley, as well as a Christmas EP, The Oh Hellos' Family Christmas 

@ghysl wrote:

Hello !

Twerps - Range Anxiety ( 2015 )

Cheeky, charming and touchingly direct, Melbourne foursome Twerps are international pop champions. Formed in late 2008, Twerps were called "the best new band in Australia" by Uncut on the basis of their debut self-titled EP and toured the US in support of their 2011 full-length Twerps including heralded appearances at CMJ and SXSW. ( Merge Rec. )

Since 2011, two other albums. "Underlay" in 2014 and "Range Anxiety" in 2015

Great shout @user-removed I was coming to this thread to post this album and I'm glad you already did. Twerps is a great album too--I've been listening to 'Dreamin' all week.

Hello there!

Best of 2015? Here!

The only one thing is that this heaven is only available in Scandinavia by DJ Beat Records Scandinavia and in other countries should be at least some playable.

Enjoy!

The single

Shots

Imagine Dragons

Part of the album that will be released in February 2015 Smoke and Mirrors

Psych-chamber-pop, often sung in near falsetto. The more I play this, the more I like it. On Bella Union records.

BC Camplight – How to Die in the North

Suggested posts