Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best albums of 2015

Best albums of 2015

We've wrapped up the Albums of 2014 thread with the full 2014 playlist here.

Now you can start sharing the albums you recommend from 2015 with the Spotify Community below. We recommend posting a Spotify Play Button following these steps:

1. Right click on the desired song/ playlist. 

2. Click 'Copy Spotify URI'.

2. Go to your Community post. 

3. Click 'Insert/edit link button'

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 9.51.27 AM.png

4. Paste URI.

5. Click Post. 

And remember to give kudos to the albums you also agree belong on the "best of 2015" list. 

I'll get us started with my current favorite for 2015: Panda Bear's new album "Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper".

Want to share your favorite songs of 2015? Join this thread here. 

417 Replies

Hello !

Fifty Shades Of Grey ( Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2015 ) ( Various artists )

After an 11 year wait French DJ and Producer Etienne de Crecy is back with the 3rd installment from his Super Discount Albums. Featuring the legendary Dave and Posdnuos from De La Soul, Benny Benassi and one of my all time favourites Alex Gopher. If you are a fan of the likes of Daft Punk or Justice then you need to hear this album."

Beware of Darkness is an alternative (rock) band from L.A. (California.) It's Kyle Nicholaides' band, he's the lead singer, writer, guitar, with a distinct bend of artistry in everything he does. 

He says this of his new "album" Sanctuary Season (Feb 10, 2015):

"Last year I read a Walt Disney biography, and when he was first making motion pictures in the 1930s he would make these shorts in between full length movies called "silly symphonies". They'd be short cartoons that would play before features in the theaters and he would use them to try out new animation techniques and see what worked, and how much work it would be to do. That's what I wanted to do that with Sanctuary Season. I wasn't ready to do a full length album and I wanted to prove to myself I could do something like this, so I decided to do an "in between” ..."
 Source: https://soundcloud.com/bewareofdarkness/sets/sanctuary-season-mixtape

Hello !

The unthanks - Mount The Air ( RabbleRouser Music - 2015 )

The Unthanks (until 2009, Rachel Unthank and the Winterset) are an English folk group known for their eclectic approach in combining traditional English folk, particularly Northumbrian folk music, with other musical genres. Their albums have received four and five-starred reviews in the British national press.

)Hello !

Grande Roses - Built On Shemes ( Noisolution - 2015 )

Post- Punk Apocalyptique

The formation of Stockholm is based on a large facet of rock, punk and more sound improvements 70

Susanne Sundfør's new album "Ten Love Songs" is very good:

2 piece rock band Cairo Knife Fight's The Isolator EP: 

Hello !

Hanni El Khatib - Moonlight (2015 )

Hanni El Khatib is a San-Francisco-born singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist currently based in Los Angeles.
“Moonlight" is his third album

Hello!

Christa Wells - Covers- EP ( 2015 )

Smiths,  Nirvana,  U2,  Depeche Mode,  Smashing Pumpkins

Hello !

The Tulips - Echo Blue ( 2015 )

Los Angeles-based psych-folk group The Tulips have released their second full-length album, “Echo Blue”. The band’s sophomore effort expands upon the sparse, acoustic led songs sampled on their debut, Mother Universe, as they are now complemented by a full band.
The Tulip’s harmonies and dreamy melodies are informed by the mountains beyond the city limits. The vibe is reminiscent of the 60’s but delivered from outer space, with swirling reverberated guitars, and a moving, percussive rhythm section.
( http://indieunderground.ca )

Best New Indie 2015 ( Tommy Westers )

Hello !

Jose Gonzalez - Vestiges & claws ( 2015 )

José Gabriel González (born July 31, 1978) is a Swedish indie folk singer-songwriter and guitarist from Gothenburg, Sweden. González is also a member of the Swedish band Junip, along with Tobias Winterkorn.

More News : Best New Indie 2015 ( Tommy Westers )

Hello !

Damon & Naomi - Fortune ( 2015 )

Damon & Naomi are an American dream pop/folk-rock duo formed in 1991 by Damon Krukowski and Naomi Yang, formerly of Galaxie 500.

The Aristocrats: Culture Club Live. Phenomenal musicianship.

Another 2015 (circa 2000) gem.... Gov't Mule with John Scofield. Seeing them live tomorrow night in Oakland. Can't wait.

Hello !

Tenderleaves - Dreamweaver ( 2015 )

Simply beautiful

Hello !

Andy Shauf - The Bearer Of Bad News ( 2015 )

Canadian singer/songwriter Andy Shauf offers up simple, laconic yet emotionally resonant tunes with echoes of Elliott Smith and Josh Rouse on his debut album.
( kcrw.com )
The Bearer of Bad News was written and recorded by Andy Shauf.
All instruments arranged and performed by Andy Shauf.

""

My favourite album of 2015 by far is Smoke + Mirrors by Imagine Dragons because I really love indie music, and Imagine Dragons (in my opinion) sets the bar for indie/pop/alt rock music. Their quirky style is something great to listen to, and some of the meanings behind their songs are very great! 🙂

Hello!

James Blackshaw - Summonig suns ( 2015 )

James Blackshaw (born 1981) is an English, Hastings-based guitarist and pianist. Blackshaw primarily plays an acoustic 12 string guitar and has been compared to Bert Jansch, Robbie Basho, John Fahey, Jack Rose, and Leo Kottke. To enable his fingerstyle playing, Blackshaw has grown long picklike fingernails on his right hand. He has released albums on the labels Celebrate Psi Phenomenon, Static, Digitalis Industries, Important Records, Tompkins Square, and Young God Records.

""

Shape-shifting, Swedish indie rock outfit continues their mix of prog, folk, psychedelia and much more.

The Amazing – Picture You

Suggested posts