Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Better late than never

Better late than never

Good day everyone ❤️

So there's that one artist or one song you've been skipping in your library until you finally decided to listen or another situation forced you to listen.

This is what this post is all about, let's hear it.

"On that day I listened and never turned back"

❤️

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
2 Replies

Great question, @Taylith!

For me, one artist that comes to mind is The Egocentrics:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1knadIogzg8JxShRsjCgCh?si=ZFL5aJCzRB6QnCDodva0BQ

Their song “Bright Dawn of the Soul” is included in Spotify’s Stoner Rock playlist, which has been saved to my Spotify library for a few years now. Perhaps for this reason, I’d heard this song by The Egocentrics as early as April 2020, but I didn't quite enjoy it enough to add to my playlists for re-listening.

“Bright Dawn of the Soul” is The Egocentrics’ most popular track, so I mistakenly thought that I wouldn’t like their other tracks as much, and didn’t end up exploring their other songs and adding them to my playlists until almost 2 years later—when this January, a Reddit user recommended that I listen to The Egocentrics after I had shared one of my playlists there. 

Listening through their two albums on Spotify, I found some other tracks by The Egocentrics that I really like: “Spacewulf,” “20 12,” and “The Unknown Sings,” which I’ve been enjoying listening to fairly often these past few months. 

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

That doesn't happen in Spotify as much as it does in my local library. I have bought and downloaded a bunch of albums because I loved some songs from it. Sometimes much later I discover the album I bought for one song has another song that's so much better.

The most recent one to hit me like this is from UNKLE:

spotify:track:5PfhZTMXw302ySbZQvsOIN:small 

Love the charge it gives off!

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts