Chaotic instrumental jazz

Chaotic instrumental jazz

matilda1awesome
Regular

So I am looking for a playlist with some smooth and crazy instrumental jazz. I can’t study without jazz. All playlists I have found is either with too much voice or too calm.

Recommend 🙂 

9 Replies

Re: Chaotic instrumental jazz

Jack

Hey @matilda1awesome!

Here's a playlist that I've personally been building whilst studying the genre of free jazz. Let me know what you think:

spotify:user:05jstevens:playlist:011Y9ME7qOApiBeEKz7bFy:small

I'd also recommend the Spotify-curated Avant-Jazz playlist for some sounds from the fringes and dark edges of the jazz world:

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX3rTk9UUrbYS:small

matilda1awesome
Regular

This is a goldmine! Thanks a lot. Really enjoying both playlists. It’s amazing how mad jazz can get

Jack

You're welcome @matilda1awesome 🙂

I'd definitely delve deeper into the worlds of Peter Brötzmann and Mats Gustafsson for two great European Saxophonists leading the way in modern, improvised Jazz.

They get a lot of their inspiration from Evan Parker it seems, who's a titan on the improvised jazz circuit.

He features heavily on the second disc of Binker and Moses' latest album. It may look like a prog record, but they're the most promising newcomers in the free jazz world:

spotify:album:58TYOraDNvrGe9nebYtI0C:small

I saw them in London in the summer and they blew my mind.

matilda1awesome
Regular

I really enjoyed listening to Binker and Moses. The balance of each instrument and such on is quite impressive. Saxophone is truly powerful and extraordinarily addictive!

svbavel
Music Fan

Hi!

If you are looking for some adventurous jazz artists you might want to check our playlist with the best young jazz musicians from The Netherlands: New Generation Dutch Jazz

You could also check our playlist Dutch Jazz All Stars including free jazz heroes like the ICP Orchestra and the Willem Breuker Collectief: Dutch Jazz All Stars

Enjoy!

Follow the Sebastiaan van Bavel Trio
Sebastiaan van Bavel Trio
Website / Facebook / Twitter / Youtube / Instagram

matilda1awesome
Regular

Thank you!

writie
Roadie

The Crazy Mad Big Bang playlist lives up to its name. There are a few parlando parts, but they are incidental. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0SyMBqAH1xkIOsXBQrfkfZ

MAXXFIELD
Regular

This is the most chaotic jazz I know of, though I dont think it will help studying!

https://open.spotify.com/album/71ZTPSnaNizoaYB6JaISqg

Jpgchief
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hi @matilda1awesome I start this Playlist last year Contemporary Jazz, I love jazz and love to find new tracks, and try to add only recent tracks, hope you enjoy it as much as  I do.  By the way @Jack great recommendations.

spotify:user:12147319523:playlist:10QbG2nB87w2QIQfPzVqiF

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS