Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Favorite Collaborations

Favorite Collaborations

I'm interested in hearing people's favorite one-off collaborations.  I'm going to start this game with Crystal Castles - Not In Love, featuring Robert Smith from The Cure on vocals.  I pretty much play this tune every time I DJ 🙂

spotify:track:5SPUVnihl2Q8UeMSBCWNgL

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
12 Replies

Great topic, although I'm going to have a hard time thinking of something better than that Castles/Smith collab!

Here, Thom Yorke joins Bjork on a track for her 'Dancer In The Dark' soundtrack, Selmasongs.

spotify:track:1YVGmFUZO1neVfwT2pjrmk

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

My Favorite Tracks of 2015

If I helped, mark my answer as solution to help other users solve similar issues, please don't forget to send kudos if you like any answers.

What is a Rock Star and how you can become one? Click here to find out!

Great both collaborations!!!

One more with Robert Smith, The Japanese Popstars with Robert playing Take forever from the album Controlling your allegiance (2011)

spotify:track:4HIrp1rMzr95X0Xw4Ljgft:small

Follow me

@BenitoKCM, great choice. I actually prefer this robert smith mix of the song...but really, i love both versions. We could probably turn this into an all collaborations with Robert Smith discussion 🙂

spotify:track:7qSHwQ8CW40fhwCN6bhQRy

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@djmikeystrange

Great mix!!! Closer to The Cure than the one I posted.

Follow me

Great topic! It's so hard to choose from so many choices.

Here are two songs that I think are fabulous collaborations.

Please check out my "Favorite" playlist. I hope you like it. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1127626669/playlist/46KgiigY68mdgHaCpcYhCS

Hey there @tynon_1221 - it's great to see you share these tracks here! Could you tell us a bit more on why you enjoy each of these collaborated tracks?

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Surely: contrast - though perhaps novel - is an instant hook.

Wu-Tang rapping rather aggressively over a "hippie-type beat (and chorus/refrain)" provided by Texas is the perfect complement to Anthrax and Public Enemy's Bring Tha Noize (mentioned earlier). 

You know it's a special collab when the two artists agree on a portmanteau of their two acts' names; GRiZ and Gramatik joined forces as GRiZMATiK to bring us... future-funk? Pretty special.

Self vs Self combines Pendulum's poppy sensibilities with In Flames' intense vocals and metal - the title implies conflict but, even so, we still win.

This thread wouldn't be complete, without this song.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1mSClObliRtgPVT399COQH?si=IDXhukURSsCANO9Rr9qFmw

Beside the two great voices, I love the lyrics (and "vocables"), the upbeat music that's put to the lyrics of a not so great situation, as well as how the two flow off of each other.

Follow me

Thanks for adding that @tynon_1221!

Hi and As we Proceed were both excellent tracks, they're now in my Liked Songs 

Also, cool addition @MadmanOnWheels - you're right, this thread wouldn't be complete without it! Great classic upbeat song.

Since I'm here, I'll share one of my favorite collaborations - the first one that popped up in my mind when I saw this thread

spotify:track:4HXOBjwv2RnLpGG4xWOO6N  

Rihanna and Coldplay are two of my all-time favorite artists and it was really neat when I first heard this track - dynamic and melodic, it drew me in. 

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts