Announcements

Favorite Collaborations

Favorite Collaborations

Roadie

I'm interested in hearing people's favorite one-off collaborations.  I'm going to start this game with Crystal Castles - Not In Love, featuring Robert Smith from The Cure on vocals.  I pretty much play this tune every time I DJ 🙂

spotify:track:5SPUVnihl2Q8UeMSBCWNgL

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
12 Replies

Re: Favorite Collaborations

Roadie

Great topic, although I'm going to have a hard time thinking of something better than that Castles/Smith collab!

Here, Thom Yorke joins Bjork on a track for her 'Dancer In The Dark' soundtrack, Selmasongs.

spotify:track:1YVGmFUZO1neVfwT2pjrmk

Spotify

last.fm

Rateyourmusic.com

SoundCloud

My Favorite Tracks of 2015

If I helped, mark my answer as solution to help other users solve similar issues, please don't forget to send kudos if you like any answers.

What is a Rock Star and how you can become one? Click here to find out!

Roadie

Great both collaborations!!!

One more with Robert Smith, The Japanese Popstars with Robert playing Take forever from the album Controlling your allegiance (2011)

spotify:track:4HIrp1rMzr95X0Xw4Ljgft:small

Roadie

@BenitoKCM, great choice. I actually prefer this robert smith mix of the song...but really, i love both versions. We could probably turn this into an all collaborations with Robert Smith discussion 🙂

spotify:track:7qSHwQ8CW40fhwCN6bhQRy

Follow Me
DJ Mikey
Strangeways Radio
Owner / Program Director

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Roadie

@djmikeystrange

Great mix!!! Closer to The Cure than the one I posted.

Gig Goer

Great topic! It's so hard to choose from so many choices.

Here are two songs that I think are fabulous collaborations.

Music Fan

Hey there @tynon_1221 - it's great to see you share these tracks here! Could you tell us a bit more on why you enjoy each of these collaborated tracks?

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Roadie

Surely: contrast - though perhaps novel - is an instant hook.

Wu-Tang rapping rather aggressively over a "hippie-type beat (and chorus/refrain)" provided by Texas is the perfect complement to Anthrax and Public Enemy's Bring Tha Noize (mentioned earlier). 

You know it's a special collab when the two artists agree on a portmanteau of their two acts' names; GRiZ and Gramatik joined forces as GRiZMATiK to bring us... future-funk? Pretty special.

Self vs Self combines Pendulum's poppy sensibilities with In Flames' intense vocals and metal - the title implies conflict but, even so, we still win.

SUGGESTED POSTS