Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

First post!

First post!

Hey Folks

This is my first post here. 

I would call myself the quintessential 90s fan with interests spanning contemporary, classic and alt rock, pop, reggae, shoegaze, dream pop, country, and Christian music. My favorite bands and artists include SSPU, John Mayer, Coldplay, Green Day, Roosevelt, Starfield, Chris Tomlin, Crowder, Foo Fighters, Oasis, The Verve, Dire Straits, Def Leppard, Keane, Bob Marley, Lifehouse apart from the predictable ones like Beatles, Floyd, LedZep, Nirvana etc. I believe the best music has already been made, thanks largely to UK that's the most creative cauldron of exceptional music. Not a fan of K Pop and most of hip hop (except a few from Drake, 2Pac, etc). I am still discovering great music from 90’s till 2010, not having to carry CDs is a great help.

Cheers

3 Replies

Welcome to the community! Digging your music taste, its got a lil bit of everything. Here's a link to my profile, I have a lot of playlists that I think would interest you based on the above bands. Hope you find something!

https://open.spotify.com/user/1254386189?si=lSHaQL-wSlyyNsaiwZQ3_A

https://open.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify:user:1254386189?si=3MprFvehRCaEK4Sjn4dGIw&size=detail...

Hey @sudhindra, welcome aboard and nice to meet you! 😄

You've got a cool taste! I notice you mentioned Oasis - what do you think of Blur? I happen to have all of Blur's albums even though I don't listen to them as much these days.

I have to say I share the dislike of kpop with you, not really fond of that sort of music (even if the choreography in their music videos is amazing). :' )

In case you'd like to know, my own favourite genres are mostly electronic - drum&bass including halftime and liquid funk, naughty bass music, some specific dubstep (deep bass and atmosphere), experimental electronica, triphop, psyche folk among some others I currently forgot.

As for music I don't like - whenever I'm in a listening party, I always feel a bit like "Brace yourself..." when I hear high-pitched vocals or extremely fast-paced almost computer game-like sound. Jcore, skacore, j-pixie and other related genres. I really can't handle that stuff 😅😅
There is more, but I meet the above quite often these days... : )

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there @sudhindra

Nice to meet you and welcome to the Community!

My name is Ivan and I'm a moderator of the Spotify Community. I'm a big fan of the 90s music as well. I also love the 80s sound since I was born on the late 80s. Really loved it how you call yourself a "quintessential 90s fan" 👌

The 90s are a decade that gives a lot of variety in terms of musical genres, artists, experiments performances and lot more. Since an early teenage I was very interested in discovering and exploring different genres of electronic music. I started with drum and bass, techno and house, then switched to trip-hop and ambient sound.

My musical taste was formed by bands such as Massive Attack, Portishead, Hooverphonic and Aphex Twin. My proudest work in this direction so far is this Spotify playlist I created as a result of my experience with downtempo music through the years:

spotify:playlist:1Uyyprx1QOayS4i7V50ebL 

And as you mentioned you're a shoegaze fan as well, here's one of my recent discoveries that immediately entered my On Repeat playlist on Spotify:

spotify:track:5pvmhSKAEGovYtUQW8xqJp 

Cheers! 

Suggested posts