Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Frank Zappa

Frank Zappa

i really would like to have zappas music available is there any reason why hes not on any streaming programs like spotify or deezer or anything. all his albums cost like £25 each new.

36 Replies

What we need is for the record labels to do a better job, instead of, as it appears right now, employing a bunch of unpaid interns to handle their meta-data.

It looks like the Zappa albums are only available outside the US. Any ETA when we will have them in the US?

@mahlerfan wrote:

It looks like the Zappa albums are only available outside the US. Any ETA when we will have them in the US?

Hmm - As far as I am aware, the Universal Music is handling the worldwide distribution of the catalog back in the hands of the Zappa Family Trust. But sadly, I have no information as to why it's not available in the US for you at the moment - The decision may be with Universal on that one. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

are you sure about that? the Zappa catalougue came to the uk on Monday, but the USA one was avaialable from a week before, i know friends who have been listening to zappa on spotify in the USA for over a week.... 

sometimes it takes time to roll out, it may not show when you search Frank Zappa but if you search indivudual tittes they may come up, thats what happened to me... 

if you do find it i have made a one song per album playlist, check it out..

@David wrote:

@mahlerfan wrote:

Hmm - As far as I am aware, the Universal Music is handling the worldwide distribution of the catalog back in the hands of the Zappa Family Trust. But sadly, I have no information as to why it's not available in the US for you at the moment - The decision may be with Universal on that one. 

Are the tracks greyed out for you? How about this playlist?

Airhorn Enthusiast

I only see 7 songs and they are just orchestral covers of his songs, not the originals. 

USA streaming services are due to get Frank Zappa's back catalog in Mid October apperently

Interesting to note that there is no article on the US version of Spotify's blog about the release of Zappa's back catalogue. While there is an article on both the UK and Swedish versions (maybe others too, couldn't be bothered to check them all).

This is excellent news.

Probably saved my Spotify subscription.

Spotify just need to sort out the ever increasing connection issues of late.

@gubby wrote:

This is excellent news.

Probably saved my Spotify subscription.

Spotify just need to sort out the ever increasing connection issues of late.

What sort of connection issues are you running into, Gubby? 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Have some of the Zappa albums already been pulled from the Australian version of Spotify? I could have sworn that more albums were there this morning, and some that remain seem to have been largely greyed-out.

That meens its rolling out, you will get them all in the next few days, it takes a while for them to proccess by the look of it, i had the same hthing in the uk for around 2 weeks and then they all came on monday and have been here since 😉

Sinornis - Try clicking on the album name. Do the tracks appear now?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Posted by David.

What sort of connection issues are you running into, Gubby?

Although, I have to say things have improved slightly over the last week. The previous month I have been plagued with error messages. The main one being " cannot play ******** connection to Spotify has been lost". This occurred on an almost daily basis especially in the evening.

I stream Spotify to two Sonos S5's and have not been sure whether it is a Spotify issue. A Spotift/Sonos Issue, or a broadband issue. As during these outages I can log on to Spotify on my laptop, I am assumng it is a Spotify/Sonos issue.

I took out a free trial with Napster and Napster has worked fine during this period, so I guess you can see what I am thinking!!

Thanks for the reply though David.

my only concern is there being remastered does this mean there being uber compressed to sound good on laptops and headphones. and is there another option to have the original masters.

If you want Zappa Music...

https://play.spotify.com/album/3idY12cZcvAhkJ4MiaVGMo

🙂

The material of 200 Motels still does not exist. I would like them to be added as well!

Suggested posts