Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gabrielle Aplin's The Power of Love is wrong?!

Gabrielle Aplin's The Power of Love is wrong?!

Hey guys,

I love the song The Power of Love by Gabrielle Aplin and her song on Spotify (Windows Program) is different to the one on her Youtube Channel...like completely different.

here is the link for the youtube music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNpeK7sDLzE

10 Replies

Sounds the same to me.

It's definitely the wrong song for me as well. It changed about two weeks ago randomly. It's happened to me before with another song. Might be a database issue on the server?

Half of the album is wrong. A few songs, like 'Home' are repeated under different titles, like 'November' and then those songs aren't there ar all. Completely messed up.

The song called 'The Power of Love' is actually 'Wake Up With Me'.

Does anyone know when this will be fixed

I've also had this issue for about the last 4 weeks now. Very annoying. Have listened to all the other tracks by the same artist to see if it is actually under a different title but couldn't find it. I've just sent through a report to Spotify today, so hopefully will hear back soon...hopefully they will fix it soon! I pay for Spotify premium so it's just that bit more frustrating.

Hello everyone,

Everyone who has a problem with this release if you go to the Contact Spotify Support https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contacthttps://www.spotify.com/us/... click the link and then choose from the 1 pull down window Give Spotify Feedback About Something, and then select from 2 - I would say choose broken songs as the songs are linked to the wrong ones and some are just missing from the release all together, and then from option 3 give as much detail as well as links to the release and maybe a reference to another source with correct information just for reference sakes, like say from allmusic or a wikipedia page of the release information that has the accurate release information. If you get an automated response directing back to the boards don't worry about it although hang onto the case number for reference, and it could take some time to fix the release, the info has to be sent on to the label or whichever digital distributor uploaded the release for a fix for an update to the release.

Update; Spotify have emailed me back, I've copied response...

"Thank you for getting back to me with this information.

And thanks for bringing this to our attention; I’ve now passed the information on to the right team.

Since we have so much music being uploaded every day, it might take a little while before this is corrected.

Rest assured though, we’re working hard to ensure all music on Spotify is perfect for our listeners.

If you come across any other errors, feel free to send them our way! "

I thought it was just me going a little bit crazy. So disappointed. It's one of my favourite tracks and the only reason I downloaded the album.

I'm starting to love Gabrielle songs the more I listen to them the more I am in love with them tho its a shame they don't have Through The Ages that's is my all time favourite from her album.

No idea if it's related but sometimes I think labels mess with the libraries. I am a big Les Nubians fan, and had several of their songs on my playlists, and after a while they started disappearing. Seemed like they were trying to remake the band's image. Too bad because one older song they took away was my all-time favorite. Funny thing is, I can't remember the song title so I don't know how to search for it on YouTube!

Suggested posts