Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Has Anyone Else Made Playlists Like This?

Has Anyone Else Made Playlists Like This?

Has anyone else made a playlist that's a combination of 2 different playlists that have different themes?

Follow me

3 Replies

Hi @MadmanOnWheels, it’s great to see you back on the Spotify Community!

Yes, I created a playlist in this way just yesterday for which the theme is “Instrumental Psychedelic/Stoner Rock.” I made this playlist by sifting through my “psychedelic rock” and “stoner rock” playlists and adding only instrumental (lyricless) tracks from both of them; so, it is a filtered combination of two separate playlists with different (but often overlapping) genres.

Out of curiosity, what is the theme of your playlist that you made in this way? I hope you’re keeping well, and are having a good week!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, TreyAnastasio

I guess that can fit into what I mean, too. I hadn't thought about it, in that way. I think that's the playlist that you told me about. I'm interested in checking it out.

What I was referring to, more specifically, is themes, like holidays, driving (or riding), maybe genres of music, good times/parties/get togethers, and other themes that I can't or didn't think of (including having no lyrics) mixed with each other.

I'm thinking that I would like to keep this a discussion, with no playlists posted, but have a separate post for them to be shared in.

This will help people share ideas, and keep it from being so cluttered.

Follow me

I have a few or more playlists that I've made from this idea.

For one, I took some songs from my patriotic playlist ("Real Pride") and mixed them with some songs from a couple of my good times ("Good Times" and "Good Times, Night Times") playlists and my electronic music, summer playlist ("I DUB This The HOUSE of TECHNOlogical TRANsCEndence (Musically Defined)"), to make a patriotic party playlist that's perfect for patriotic holiday barbecues and things like that.

https://community.spotify.com/spotify/board/message?board.id=moodplaylists&message.id=158214#M158214

By the way, I got the link (above) to the particular post where my playlist is, by tapping the options on it, then e-mailing it to myself.

I'll share some of my others, later, so this post isn't too, too long.

IF YOU HAVE A PLAYLIST THAT FITS THIS CATEGORY, AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE IT, POST IT WHERE THE LINK TAKES YOU, FIRST. THEN LINK YOUR POST FROM THERE, IN OUR DISCUSSION POST (HERE).

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Playlist-Exchange/Playlists-With-Mixed-Themes/m-p/5054281#M158208

Follow me

Suggested posts