Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for artist canvas upload

Solved!

Spotify for artist canvas upload

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

any

Operating System

any

My Question or Issue

I recently decided to try the new "canvas " feature for one of my songs. The problem is that I don't have the "upload canvas" button when I log in to my Spotify for artists page. I carefully followed all the instructions on the official Spotify for uploading a canvas but without any results. Also, some features in my account are missing. Could you please help me? do you think that my account as an artist is limited????  I think this issue is not related with my distributor (which btw is thrust by Spotify )

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @matteo94s

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you go to the https://canvas.spotify.com/ page, you can see that Canvas is currently available only to select artists. 

If you want to read more on the Canvas feature or have any other questions regarding your artist profile, make sure to check out this page on Spotify for Artists

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @matteo94s

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you go to the https://canvas.spotify.com/ page, you can see that Canvas is currently available only to select artists. 

If you want to read more on the Canvas feature or have any other questions regarding your artist profile, make sure to check out this page on Spotify for Artists

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

i have the same problem canvas button doesn't appear in my artist profile what should i do?

Hi Emilia, seems like spotify is now letting upload the canvas to all artist, but in my case, it doesn't show at my spotify for artist app. What can i do?

Hi Emelia/Spotify Support. When will Canvas be rolling out to all artists? Does Spotify have a rollout timeframe? It is providing an unfair advantage to major label artists over independent artists by withholding Canvas and other tools (eg: Songwriter Pages). The advantage should be given to independents.

Hello @dim333@SoyJuanLeal and @spectoral

Thanks for your replies and questions!

Currently Canvas feature is available to select artists, as you can read at this official page. It's availability can vary across different countries as well. Unfortunately, there's no specific time-frame in which this option will become available to all artists. 

If you have more questions regarding this, I'd recommend contacting Spotify for Artists.

Have a great day! 

I see this link where the page states "its not available for all artist "

My question is I don't  have that feature on any device, I am a verified artist, what do I need to do to be one of those artists? 

Thanks.

Hello @Rickeyjgreen

Thanks for the question!

If you go to this page related to Canvas feature, in the last paragraph there's a link to Spotify's dedicated site that you can access with your artist profile. Can you check if the waiting list mentioned in that paragraph is available for you?

In case you have some follow-up questions, it'd be best to reach out to Spotify for Artists. You can do this by using the contact form linked at the end of this FAQ. They should be able to provide with more details since it's a Support Team dedicated to Artists. 

I hope it helps! 

Hi @emilia_8

The waiting list mentioned in that paragraph is not available to me. I have applied for access to the canvas feature. What can I do from here?

Many Thanks

Hi @Anthom88

Thanks for the response!

Since you've applied for this feature, I'd recommend waiting until it becomes available for you. 

If you have more questions regarding the Canvas feature, or any other features that are specifically for Artists, you can contact Support for Artists.

They'll be able to provide with better help, since we don't have so many details regarding all the features for Artists. They are the ones taking care of that. 

You can find a way to get in touch with them here or through a contact form

Have a great day!

So, I tried to upload a moving canvas for my record and it wouldn't upload. I made sure it was sized in a 9:16 ratio, made sure it was at least 720px tall, made sure it was a MP4 or JPEG file, and made sure 3s to 8s long. But I kept getting a message saying "Something went wrong and we couldn’t post your Canvas". What am I doing wrong or is it a system issue ? 

Thanks,

Zeta the Pharaoh

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 12.55.32 PM.png

Hey there @ZetathePharaoh,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We recommend checking these FAQs about Canvas. If you still have issues when trying to upload your Canvas, get in touch with our Artist Support team here, as they're the right folks to give you a hand with this.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks, I appreciate it !

Hi @ZetathePharaoh,

You're welcome. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always happy to help.

Have a great day!

CarlosEModerator

Any progress with this? I'm having the same thing happen. 

Hi there @ferixon,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

As I mentioned above, if you're having any issues uploading your Canvas and you already checked all the FAQs, we suggest to reach out to our Artist Support team here. They'll happily further assist you with this 🙂

If you need anything else, we'll be right here.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

For sure ! It was suggested that I use the app and try to upload/fix it. I
tried that and it worked !

Hi again @ZetathePharaoh

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're glad to hear that this is now working for you. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've had this aswell

Hey there @ShanghaiTreason,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

If you're still having issue with this we suggest that you follow the steps that @CarlosE suggested 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts