Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I find the lack of J-Pop and J-Rock disturbing!

Solved!

I find the lack of J-Pop and J-Rock disturbing!

As the title says, would love to see more japanese music in general. 🙂 Otherwise Spotify rocks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think the majority of this may be related to the limited distruibution of such artists where Spotify is available. While we'd love to have all manner of stuff on Spotify, the licencing of material varies from country to country. If we become available in Asian countries, maybe we'll be able to offer some more from this genre if the label are aware of the demand. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

I think the majority of this may be related to the limited distruibution of such artists where Spotify is available. While we'd love to have all manner of stuff on Spotify, the licencing of material varies from country to country. If we become available in Asian countries, maybe we'll be able to offer some more from this genre if the label are aware of the demand. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I`d love to see more asian'ish artists here.

The only thing we, as individuals, can do is mailing the publishers and ask them. Maybe they listin if the 'we' is big enough.

Victor Entertainment

Sony Music Japan

Nippon Television

Just to name some big one. Many artist got different publishers for each region, a quick visit on wikipedia or the mainpage helps.

They have Melt Banana and Boris. That is all I need lol.

... it was to this planet that unattended biros would make their way. Slipping quietly through wormholes in space to a world where they knew they could enjoy a uniquely biroid lifestyle. Responding to highly biroid-orientated stimuli, in fact, leading the Biro equivalent of the good life.

Now there are quite a selection 🙂

My favorite J-pop playlist is this, and like the name "THE BOOK" it has an epilogue and prologue, but Yoasobi, the group, made the rest of the songs based on online stories on "Monogatary."

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7l41d0MGUlWCZvUF0UTtzD

Sorry for interrupting.
I am Japanese, living in japan.

I have favorite songs, not in Spotify.
Wondering if you know any song request form to Spotify. I wanna submit it while I contact their labels.

Thanks in advance,

Ponko

I'm also a Japanese, and I also live in Japan, and I know some songs that aren't on spotify, but I don't kow if there's a song form...

maybe 'ideas'? or 'help'?

I did find this when looking up how to possibly request songs. Hope it does help! 

Request form from a moderator

ECelestin,

Thanks. That's big help!

Ponko

Suggested posts