Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Indie bands you love that no one's heard of

Indie bands you love that no one's heard of

I think the title says it all. 

What are the indie gems that your friends (or all of Spotify) haven't discovered yet?

Post a Spotify Play Button please!

I've heard almost no one talk about Pomegranates, their song '50's' is incredibly addictive (fans of Generationals, The Helio Sequence):

spotify:track:2qQcWDv422NZpeUu4W97Pq:small

75 Replies

Luckily one of the only indie bands I listen to are also a band that are relatively unheard of!

They blend rap with upbeat indie rock in a seamless way, they take advantage of multiple vocalists and their lyrical content is one of their strongest points. They also have a really solid guitarist too!

Unfortunately vocalist Danny Wilder lost his life to lung cancer in 2013, and the album "No Snake" will be their last album, and was crowdfunded to help it to release. It's definitely a wonderful parting gift though!

spotify:album:5GVNiVHD6mnwNp8kBjG0nP:small

I can't for the life of me remember who introduced me to Pavlove, which I think is from Belgium. But I love "Because of You," and almost no one else seems to know about them. The rest of the EP's pretty cool, too.
spotify:track:7t1iQwI4tYFz1KPz6QkUME

I still can't believe how very few people listen to flies+flies, a London trio who have been carving out a unique form of experimental rock music since 2013. Not only nobody talks about them, they've also got very few listeners and they're not included in any noteworthy playlists.

I share a song from their latest album, but my favorite track is Sufi from Bad Crab Hand album which is more experimental.

spotify:track:3G91tgU6hipofG0HjnqdIM

@brian_mansfield wrote:

I can't for the life of me remember who introduced me to Pavlove, which I think is from Belgium. But I love "Because of You," and almost no one else seems to know about them. The rest of the EP's pretty cool, too.

Haha same! It was someone from the community, that was introducing Pavlove in every thread. I love Eira from them! I even wrote them on Facebook, to tell that they make awesome music for a rising band, and they even messaged me back to tell me that they have plans to come in Sofia, Bulgaria if more people from here explore and like their music : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I stumbled upon these guys from London, Indie as melodic as Swedish Pop

https://play.spotify.com/track/5k3orDctQJTkWIg4H5srOf

Found these guys on Twitter last night. I expect big things to come. EP Strange Days out soon. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/50D0BuAq606nl3rl3nmDMv

Hey brian!

Big thanks for supporting Pavlove , means a lot to us! 😉

grtz

Daan 

I also just discovered The Born Love the other day, @Gibtits — very promising!

Awesome playlist

Thank you 😊

Check out this song by Olivia King.... so catchy

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify%3Atrack%3A40R1aPmvj9Ols7l2RluALM" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

I am totally loving Izzy Losi and the Auracles! They have just launched a new song 'Change' and will be releasing a new 6 track EP next month. Izzy's voice is unique and such a breath of fresh air (compared to all the boring, monotonous vocal talents out there).

spotify:track:5QOJUatFsh7nAd9JJHBFmj

Angels & Airwaves is a very good band that I have recently discovered and am slowly beginning to obsess over. I highly recommend this band to anyone who has not yet heard of theis band. This singer (if you recognize him) is Tom Delonge, a once famous music producer of blink-182 who left to create different types of music.

spotify:track:13coAU40VPYaswMFMLpEIS

Great Catchy Song; Lovely vocals and production ... Worth Discovering; Check it out.

SAME KISS

I would like to throw in a indie band/artist that would love some listens by music lovers.

spotify:artist:24ICho4HWjIQITW7hS4ao4

Can't get this to work ... If this is your profile then no worries, I got there.  Otherwise, can you get the full link perhaps.

Suggested posts