Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is anybody else sick of the overly auto tuned songs these days?

Is anybody else sick of the overly auto tuned songs these days?

Ik it kind of defines some genres but I feel like autotune kind of removes the emotion and grit to some music. There are so many artists that rely wayyy too heavily on autotune. I like music where people have a unique voice that catches u off guard and with autotune, it kind of seems like every other artist is trying to sound exactly the same. This is just my personal opinion and I'd like to hear your opinions on it! 

5 Replies

It is what it is, just because it's popular doesn't make it right. They always say "vote with your wallet," however effective that is, it's really the only course of action. Don't wait for pop music to change as its goal is to set and adhere to a specific (bland) taste. If others enjoy it, that's great, but we'll be over there listening to something different! I'd much rather be yelled at and have a unique experience than listen to what millions of others are, trying to discern why and how it's popular. Like all things, auto-tune can be effective in moderation but when it is relied upon to cover lack of talent - that is the double-edged sword, with the internet: anyone can be an artist... even the untalented. Computers are great.

Autotune is a tool like any other plugin. Use it creatively and the result can be amazing. Use it excessively and it becomes grating.

It's part of the aesthetic for some bands (like Bladee) and genres.

I don't encounter much autotune these days. I am much more annoyed by the way vocals sound now - the artist is now singing to me practically in my ear and I feel my personal space invaded. 🙃 Extremely grainy too.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had someone try to sell me on the artist EDEN, i can (begrudgingly) dig his cover of Billie Jean but naught else. Because of that grainy vocal effect, i'm with ya!

There should be a setting in Spotify to prevent overly autotuned (pitch corrected) songs from playing.

thats greet w will rock some day

Suggested posts