Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Let's Play a Game - Guess That Song (Collaborative Playlist Game)

Let's Play a Game - Guess That Song (Collaborative Playlist Game)

I have an idea for a game that involves a playlist. If you're interested, let me know.

The idea is that I post random information about a song, then all of you try to be the quickest to post the right answer (the song), but post it on this collaborative playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/0jfIpUgX1bcVmFDPFv9qRh?si=eSHIwEk_QXa-nkGpB2X4...

Don't post anything, until I ask a question, of course. Also, I will delete the wrong answers, so that it doesn't get cluttered, and so others don't think they should give up on answering. This game can go on and on. I will host, when I'm on here, from time to time. You just join in, if you see the post and see that the question is still unanswered.

I will post that something is still not correct, as soon as I notice it. That way you'll know that you can keep trying. If someone did get it correct, I will post the user's name (as it is listed on Spotify).

That user can post a reply to my comment of who got it correct, but keep it to one reply for that one user. Well, I hope you enjoy it.

Follow me

49 Replies

FYI @osornios @Soundofus @BenitoKCM @rossi1911 @0rangeJuice @Brunelicia @DanifC @MartinStoichkov @Noah @crematedman @MattAldawood in case you want to Play this game with us (started by @MadmanOnWheels )

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm in! But I'll not answer to the last one bc I literally cheated and googled the lyrics xD

No answer to the last question, but I follow 🙂

I have no clue but surely I'll follow this thread..

Hey, players

I have updated questions 7, so go back and check it out. This one may be more fun, for some of you.

Follow me

Since everyone is having a hard time with trivia question 7, I will give a hint that involves an "easter egg hunt". Are you "ready players"?

Look for my starchy post from Saturday, to find the answer.

The game must go on.

Follow me

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I used your clue that the song for question 7 is from a starchy post to find what I believe is the correct song that you posted in Antakshari last weekend, since it was tagged twice with "Hot Potatoes," which contain starches (amylose and amylopectin); so I added this track to your collaborative playlist

AdamDamSpotify Star

You rocked this question, TreyAnastasio.

Here's a little "shout out" to you. Rock me, Adam Damon! Adam Damon! Adam Damon!

The next one is on the way.

Follow me

Question 8

Who is Kilroy, the alter ego of the song's character, which is also the song's title?

Please share this game with others, to make it more fun. Remember, don't look up the answer. Let it be an honest showcasing of your skills.

Follow me

Kilroy is Mr. Roboto in this song by Styx, which I've added to your collaborative playlist

AdamDamSpotify Star

You killed this question, Adam Damon, a.k.a. TreyAnastasio. Is your brain I.B.M.?

The next question will be along, soon.

Follow me

Question 9

What song about a soldier is based on the book/movie, "Johnny Got His Gun"?

Remember, don't look up the answers. It's not fair to the other players, and it's not as fun that way. You got this.

Follow me

I got this one 😉

osorniosSpotify Star

That was a nice question @MadmanOnWheels and you're right @osornios love the track since...forever!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14

Osornios, got his gun, and took a shot. Congratulations on getting it, with little information. I see what you did, there, sneaking the answer in to your reply.

Follow me

Question 10

Hey, everyone

I'm trying something a little different and silly.

What song are these lyrics a substitute for the real ones?

" It's a hoedown on the old man's land, for the plowboy of the hard earned day."

Keep it honest. Don't look up the answer. I want to see who really knows thinks like I do.

Follow me

Hey, everyone

I have given you more lyrics to guess from, on the current question. I may have given it away. Take your guesses. Then, we can move on. I have some interesting ones to come.

Follow me

Hey, everyone

I'm wondering if none of you aren't able guess the song for the latest question. It's been up, without guesses, for too long. Would it help if I gave you a little more?

Let's get the game moving again. I enjoy playing this game with ya'll. This game is actually challenging, but ya'll are pretty good at it.

If ya'll think that a little more lyrics won't help, then I'll change the question out. If ya'll think that a little more lyrics will help, then I'll add them and see how ya'll do. If no one gets it, still, I'll change it out.

Don't forget to share this game with others, to add to the challenge/fun.

Follow me

Seeing "South of the Border" immediately made me think of a Robbie Williams tune named exactly that, but the lyrics ain't it. :')

Can't tell if adding more lyrics will help. Maybe it does for others. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Thanks for your reply, Sebasty. I'll go ahead a get a move on adding it, just to see of it will help, then change it out, unless anyone can tell me that it won't help. I have a couple good ones coming up for ya'll.

Follow me

Suggested posts