Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Magic Live Moments (share yours)

Magic Live Moments (share yours)

I don't know how it is for you, but for a Music addict like me the best Magic Moments I have with music always happen during a concert but, also, less often, with a great live recording.

I take the opportunity of the recent releases of the song "Push the Sky Away" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds featuring Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, for starting this topic.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7uew1quFtTMqp90GWDCfMv?si=9f42c7aa10ff4085 

Personally, I find this version beautiful and very emotional. I can add also that the contribution of a choir helps to create this atmosphere full of feelings.

Your turn to share your Magic Live Moments...

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 Reply

Great topic, @Soundofus!

One of my favorite Magic Live Moments is the psychedelic rock band Naxatras’ performance of “I Am the Beyonder,” from their Live Rituals at Gagarin 205 album (recorded at the release show for their III album in 2018):

https://open.spotify.com/track/0KzUkRaYtqPfuLR8OoIoxx?si=b92de6940c0548ed

What stands out to me as perhaps the most magical moment of the track is the entrancing guitar solo (5:21 - 7:15), driven by the propulsive groove of the bass and drums. During the solo, you can also hear the guitarist briefly play what sounds like the melody from Hawkwind’s “Hassan I Sabbah” (which isn’t hinted at on the studio version of “I Am the Beyonder,” but fits perfectly into the guitar solo section on this live recording).

In addition, it’s clear that the audience is psyched to hear Naxatras play this song; you can hear them clapping in rhythm with the bass drum towards the beginning of the track, and cheering when the lyric, “I am the Beyonder,” is spoken midway through, among other moments in the track – justifiably so, as (in my opinion) this is a wonderful performance throughout. And at the same time that a dynamic, high-energy atmosphere characterizes this live recording, it is also infused with warm tones that bring about a sense of tranquility each time I listen to it – perhaps the perfect balance for an engaging yet relaxing listen to put me in a pleasant mind-space.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts