Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Most Underrated Artists? Which artists should be given more attention? Sing your praises here!

Most Underrated Artists? Which artists should be given more attention? Sing your praises here!

Many very talented arists often go under the radar of avid music listeners, which is always a misfortune for those hoping to discover and spread the joy of great music. Although this may be a difficult topic to directly share through Spotify, as some especially small artists are not (yet) in the library, it is still worth it to get the names of bands and artists out there! Who knows - one or two new listeners could be the catalysts for a chain of new followers! 

One band I discovered recently is unforunately no longer together, but still well worth the listen. 

Their name is Shoe

They're an alternative/rock band from Australia and they have one song on Spotify that is truly theirs (the rest of the music under that artist name is another group).

Their single track on spotify is "Egg".

The rest of their music can be found on Youtube or downloaded for free from a link on their Facebook page - I assure you all there are no viruses. 

Other tracks I'd recommend are "Hammerhead", "Little Bird", "Heaps of Bacon", and "Holiday" 

7 Replies

Kool tyguy i'll check it out, You know i've never had any trouble with Spotify on this PC or my phone, I like to link them while i'm in bed, Still in bigtime learning mode with the comunity, time after time  ~cyndi lauper~ I like lots my niece has been sending me she loads playlist on my account and it good for the soul music, I've been a late 60's an 70's rocker all my life now i'm finding there is so much more awsome music out there, Well thanks an cya

jimi.jpg

shoe_egg sweet one thanks...

Cocteau Twins.
Follow me

Haken.  This band will blow your mind.

They're a British progressive metal band, and have 3 albums and 1 EP, although they're doing something with their first album because it's been removed from Spotify, as well as iTunes, and other similar places.

https://play.spotify.com/artist/2SRIVGDkdqQnrQdaXxDkJt

I found this really cool and underrated band called “Black Space Riders” with less than 2000 monthly listeners. I really think they deserve more attention, so if you’re into what I would describe as ‘spacey rock’ with a psychedelic sound to it, definitely would recommend checking them out! 

(my personal favorite album by them would definitely be AMORETUM, vol 2, although their other albums are pretty awesome as well)

I just recently got into Haken! Honestly, they’re an amazing band with a really unique sound. I love their song Crystallised.

Suggested posts