Music Festival Love & Hate

Music Festival Love & Hate

theckbert
Roadie

Hey Spotify Fam,

I am working on a for fun design project where I curate a music festival and the collateral material to go along with it. I wanted to ask you for your stories of memorable moments you've had at a festival? Things you hated or loved, things you would love to see again or NEVER again. Connections that you made or even stages that you loved going to or always return to. Even artists that you repeatidly see at festivals because they are in their element.

For example, one of the things I really disliked about the Osheaga Music Festival in Quebec last year was the insane wait time it took just to get on the festival grounds compared to years before. One of the things I loved about Riot Fest in Toronto was how muddy it got after two days. I know a lot of people don't like getting dirty, but there's something wild about people being caked in mud and just being free and spirited. A similar thing happened at my first experience at Osheaga at the EDM stage, it rained one day and the ground was just destroyed but no one cared. My friends and I raged for hours, I think there was more sweat on the ground than rain by the end of it. My white converse are now basically brown and I can't get rid of them because I associate such a positive memory with that experience and always return to that stage year of year.

I'm really excited about this project and to hear your stories. I will defintely share the project when it's finished.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Re: Music Festival Love & Hate

theckbert
Roadie

Here is the curated playlist for Eski Fest.

spotify:user:theckbert:playlist:1N5XgxHwe5AIDcCNOBYXaU

Re: Music Festival Love & Hate

brian_mansfield
Community Legend

I've been a regular at Bonnaroo since year one, and camping in Tennessee summer heat for four days can be a brutal experience. A few years in, a hair-products company came up with the brilliant idea to set up a salon tent and offer to wash people's hair. It allows the festivalgoers to get out of the sun for a minute and walk away feeling a little refreshed. It's a small thing, but it made a huge impression.

Another small thing Bonnaroo has done, though I don't think they do it every year, is offer merch for people to earn by volunteering to pick up trash on the festival grounds. I got an autographed King Sunny Adé CD that way one year!

SUGGESTED POSTS