Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Musical wonders of the world

Musical wonders of the world

Hello.

I would like to write about musical wonders of the world. This inspiration is from 7 wonders of the world. Maybe You have another idea.

So, let's go on mine:

Overtone/throat singing of Mongolia and neighbour countries:

spotify:track:13DbdIdcissfNndGHiEe1r 

Indian classical music:

spotify:track:6zkhbkKJ6DFABNlXvLXAjU 

Indonesian Gamelan:

spotify:track:4xMDIPdM9R06cW3YI99mlg 

Chants of african Pygmies:

spotify:track:3HBhxahCAO7EvRFgqFXU6y 

Australian Didgeridoo:

spotify:track:35CoCFKSkdSMa4PiQtd1aT 

Slovak overtone flute Fujara:

spotify:track:5s2XKll2QbClN7uIndRx6Q 

Georgian polyphony choirs:

spotify:track:61u7hd4GQXU9acxtbWdCEY 

Maybe You'll have different choices to those wonders of the musical world. So please, help me with this.

Thank You.

6 Replies

Hey @Noguri

Great idea!

I'd help expand your collection by adding the Alpine yodeling genre originating from Switzerland, Austria and southern Germany:

spotify:track:37Fepha6V96wzsNaSVjm7P:small 

And since I'm originally from Bulgaria, another example coming to my mind is Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares, a folklore ensemble also known as The Mystery of Bulgarian Voices:

spotify:track:1Qhj66qva24DDMwxCiNpBt:small 

Hope you'll like the tracks  🎶  🎼 

Hi @Ivan.

It is nice to see reply for someone from Bulgaria. Bulgaria is for me country, where traditions can exists also in Pop music, but so different, like in traditional music. Don't worry, Chalga won't be a candidate. ☺️

I have thought on adding some bulgarian female choirs here, but I have firstly decided to start with seven songs and It can be upgraded this playlist.

But, I would like to select those seven songs on another playlist, or maybe another by selection of users and moderators of this community. So, first playlist is free, because in name isn't mentioned any number.

Due to this to keep this playlist freely, I have added to this playlist Cantu a tenore from Sardinia, which is another polyphonic singing.

Also, one voice uses also overtones, but not as in tuvan traditional music.

spotify:track:5yoVloBU8rChQSLWjQm4ER 

Next candidate will be from Inuits of Canada. Here on Nunawud is style called Katajjaq, or inuit throat singing.

Note: It is not overtone singing, as in Tuva, or Mongolia.

spotify:track:4X1ArJCDQYn0iuR8KqXHbZ 

So, we have candidates from north to south, from east to west.

You can send another candidates and somebody of You please, try to select those 7.

And now a special post with one candidate. I have thought on It and one great musical wonders is in U.K., specially in the Scotland with kilds and ofcourse, pipes & drums.

spotify:track:5GJzebjWTWCeg2qOIHPowB 

Hi.

Winter continues and due to this is something from polar regions, but not from Siberia. It is from Europe and there is nation, which lives in four countries. This nation lives in Region sometimes called Lapland, but I use therm Saapmi for this region.

As You have guessed maybe, another candidate is Saami Joik. I have tried to select authentical Joik, not Joik with modern musical instruments.

Here It is:

https://open.spotify.com/track/6kHWxbwO0adoF67kBojyKW?si=ijTAqHwXR5e_D5k7qhefLA 

Hello.

I have decided to post something new to this playlist. It is armenian Duduk. Due to this, that in Azerbaijan is similar musical instrument with similar sound named Balaban, I have rather posted Duduk, because Duduk is more popular, than azerbaijani Balaban, or turkish Mey.

https://open.spotify.com/track/3x10T9rotBfByhOyD0T5hd?si=077a054adf5d4488 

People, votation is ready. Please, fill this form and I'll choose 7 musical wonders of the world, as soon, as possible.

Thank You.

Suggested posts