NewMusicResolution

NewMusicResolution

pssstmarty
Roadie

Like many inspired by that hashtag I'm taking it a step further by listening to  365 previously unheard albums this year.

1 of 365  The Flaming Lips - With a little help from my Fwends It was a great ecclectic hippy trippy take on the Beatles Classics . Wasnt disappointed . I expected no less having heard their previous interpratations of classics such as Dark Side of The Moon.

A big thumbs up and 5 out of 5 from me .

2 of 365   The Cautionary Tales of Mark Oliver Everett - The Eels    I wasnt overly keen on this , certainly not as musically challenging as some of the limited previous stuff Ive heard of theirs . It was nice easy listening while pottering around doing chores but not an album I'll be revisiting . The two stand out tracks were the last two of the live ones . I saw them once as support for Pulp. They stole the show to my mind .

I intend listening to two more albums today, at least, that'll bring me in line with the calendar year for my 365

3 Replies

Re: NewMusicResolution

pssstmarty
Roadie

3 of 365 Brody Dalle - Diploid Love  I havent listened to anything by Brody since her Distillers Albums , Coral Fang and Sing Sing Death House . Her time in Spinnerette passed me by . Id never even heard of them till looking at at the bio on this album . Love this loads . Every track is well crafted , same wonderful raspy voice . Fave track , Underworld with those trumpets at the end 

pssstmarty
Roadie

4 of 365 There , I'm up to date with the calendar year . Not that I mind listening to several new albums a day , but its difficult on work days .

Just listened to Fun - Some Nights .

I didnt think I'd heard them (been living under a rock or something) . But yes I had previously heard the two opening tracks . Some Nights and the anthemic We are Young . Theres a couple of tracks I might skip in the future but I'll certainly be giving this more plays . Thumbs up 

pssstmarty
Roadie

5 of 365 I'd heard the name but not the music. Really enjoy this good solid blues akin to Jack White 

Benjamin Booker - Benjamin Booker

SUGGESTED POSTS