Announcements

One Album for Every Year of Your Life

One Album for Every Year of Your Life

Community Legend

Hi All, I got this idea from a blog I read recently and thought it could make a good playlist. It's simply about choosing one album for every year you've been alive. The choices don't all have to be different, e.g. I've chosen Black Sabbath a couple of times. Mine starts in 1968.

https://play.spotify.com/user/spiritofradio/playlist/2LF5hTyMQP9MPU83qZvJeP

20 Replies

Re: One Album for Every Year of Your Life

Community Legend

@spiritofradio I like this idea and I have to be the second one to add an album, because my list starts in 1969 🙂 It's a shame that Captain Beefheart's "Trout mask replica" is not on Spotify, so I have to choose my second favourite, in my opinion one of the best albums of LZ and one of the best debut-albums ever

https://play.spotify.com/album/1J8QW9qsMLx3staWaHpQmU

Community Legend

Sorry I misunderstood the concept, so you are asking for a playlist with all albums, okay, I will need more time, but I will come back

Roadie

This is a bit more ambitious than what I have already done, which is one track for each year of my life.

spotify:user:128759556:playlist:6HD6kdTxt07r3c81oR4tih

For most of these, you could use the album the track came from for the year. Maybe I'll do the album thing in the future.

Community Legend

@fduniho It seems you are one of the few YES-fans, which like "Drama". I think also, that "Drama" is underrated

user-removed
Not applicable

@heartscore

I am a big huge Yes fan, even through the various lineup changes.

I just recently came across a newish release from the original Yes singer Jon Anderson, one of his solo projects Anderson/Stolt:

Word is Jon Anderson has teamed up with two other Yes veterans, Trevor Rabin, and Rick Wakeman for a new solo project titled ARW - Anderson, Rabin, and Wakeman, with plans for a new album release, not sure when it is planned to be released though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Anderson

Community Legend

@user-removedI listened to the track "Knowledge" and though I think it can not compete with the old classics it's closer to the old YES than the last albums of YES itself. I am also curious about the new allstar line-up. I always wonder, that Anderson's voice is not getting older

Community Legend

Very interesting, I recognised, that it was very hard for me to choose one album per year until around 1990, because often I had to choose between several favourites. From 1990 I explored less music, so it was easier to find the one, but from 2000 to present I had to search and listen first before I found an album for each year.

https://play.spotify.com/user/heartscore/playlist/6tOkbQnzA5fNMQ7MwVzFSr

Roadie

I'm listening to the Anderson/Stolt album now, and I have added it to my Yesmen playlist. It sounds much more like classic Yes than recent Yes albums have. I was never really impressed by Jon Davison's contribution or by the Buggles songs on the album Benoit David recorded. I did previously learn about Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman and watched a video or two on YouTube, but Jon Anderson had a hoarse voice in these. I'm hoping he'll sound better in the studio. He has also recently been working with Jean-Luc Ponty, the electric violinist who plays fusion. I just learned that members of Rush will be inducting Yes into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next month. So I'm looking forward to that.

Casual Listener

@spiritofradio this is a great concept. I was born in the 80's, so I'm a bit behind you generation-wise. I think I'd have to include New Order in there somewhere 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS