Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Private chatting on Spotify

Private chatting on Spotify

I've been chatting on spotify using the 'private message feature', and for some reason it tells me "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

I've been unable to send messages for 11 minutes now, and I'm wondering what I did wrong, and I need some guidance.

I think he's starting to worry now, and I don't like doing that to people . - .

4 Replies

Hey @AyuTheHuman 

I asked around on your issue - there is no limit on how many PM's you can send. However you might have hit a frequency limit at the time. 🙂

Could you try sending your PM again and see how it goes?

If the issues persist, try another browser or clearing your site cookies and cache.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

As you mentioned, I was able to successfully send one PM, then a few minutes later, I wasn't able to send another message because this popped up. 

AyuTheHuman_0-1613121987417.png

I've tried using aother browser, and I cleared my site cookies and cache multiple times, but nothing seems to be working.

I suppose I might have sent my messages a bit too fast, but when this pops up, it takes 10 minutes or so for me to be able to send another message, which infuriates me a lot. 

Thanks,

Ayu

I'm having the same problem - this message popped up even though I've not sent any messages today.

Hey @voiceOfThePpl - don't worry!

As @Sebasty mentioned above, this sounds like you've hit some sort of frequency limit. There are measures like this in communities to prevent spam and such for example. In that case, just give it a go a bit later 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts