Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Since your created account. Your musical taste has it evolve since yes or no?

Since your created account. Your musical taste has it evolve since yes or no?

My musical taste evolved thanks my brother and since i search my music only.

Right Now, my brother received my recommandations when i liked in my daily mix. 

8 Replies

Yes, ever since I created my account, my musical tastes have evolved ^^

While listening to songs I like, I came across various music in my 'recommendations page' that I've never heard before, or songs that I never even knew existed and fell in love with some of them!

Right Now i listen to artist Kasabian; eagles of death metal; Eagles; Scorpions; Led zeppelin; Jain; Angele; La femme; Clara Luciani; The Wanton Bishops; The Black Keys; Tame Impala  and much more. 

That's nice! ^^

I created my account in, I guess, 2013. I don't really know when I did that.

The short answer to the question however is a YES. : )

It took me some time to open up though, it wasn't until like 2014-2015 when I started making playlists and listen to things like Discover Weekly and music a particular person (who I was involved with) was listening to. They had an account as well as a last.fm profile, so it was easy to stalk.
Discover Weekly introduced me to a variety of artists. Air, Darkside, Brian Eno, Wagon Christ, Goldfrapp, The Beta Band and so on were all from Discover Weekly. But most important finding of them all - Amon Tobin.

He took me and threw me much further into the era of drum&bass, bass music and experimental (bass) music, as well as a whole horde of artists he was influenced by, such as Captain Beefheart, Cardiacs, the Mamas and the Papas, the Beat and lots of others.
His fairly new side project influenced me to seek out folksy stuff.
Other artists I love also introduce me to more music.
And now I am listening to a weekly playlist put together by my lovely last.fm friends and so my musical endeavors continue. I wasn't really aware wizards listen to sea shanties, but you learn every day I guess. : )

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've been using Spotify for about 5 years. I cannot say my taste evolved during that time. I guess I'm too old and set in my ways for that. 🙂

That said, Spotify allowed me to reconnect with the music of my youth (late 70s and 80s) and explore artists I either didn't know, know about, or care for back in the day. And I really did know very little back then, and for many years afterwards.

I really started digging maybe a couple of years ago. Since then it has been accelerating. Finally for the last few weeks I've been going through stuff recommended to me by Spotify, focusing mainly on the period of 1978 to 1989. I don't think I've ever had so much fun with music before.

Back to taste: I now appreciate some artists I couldn't stand back in the day. I guess it's often simply because I can listen to them in decent quality, not from an 80s TV speaker. That makes a big difference. Of course, a lot of music is missing and even more is poorly (re)mastered so the listening experience can be a mixed bag.

Yes, I think my musical taste has changed over time since I started using Spotify. When I first created my Spotify account (I think in late 2013), I listened to jam bands such as Phish and the Grateful Dead often, as I had become fans of these bands during college and enjoyed their improvisational style. I also knew that improvisation is common in jazz, so I was curious to listen more to jazz artists at the time; and in addition to jazz and jam bands, I also listened to Indian classical music often then.

Nowadays, I still enjoy listening to these same musical styles; however, I’ve been more frequently listening to different genres of music (the most common ones being the often-overlapping “psychedelic/space rock” and “stoner rock/doom metal” genres). Around 2016-2017, I started to notice recommendations of bands in these genres of music on Spotify, which I often enjoyed checking out; and I discovered more bands in these genres in 2019, after having created a Last.fm account at the end of 2018 and following a few users who listen to many of the same artists that I like.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Great topic @Flanstario1 - like you, my music taste has evolved quite a lot since I created my account 😀

For one thing, I was a stranger to soundtracks being a whole genre! I obviously knew they existed but hadn't imagined there were so many undiscovered gems waiting for me. I'm now getting quite a few instrumentals or epic instrumentals in my Discover Weekly!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I wouldn't say mine has necessarily evolved per say... I think it has kinda come full circle tho.

When I was younger (6-11) I liked dad rock, for lack of a better term haha. My mom listened to Dave Matthews Band and Fleetwood Mac and my dad liked Zeppelin and Hendrix and Nirvana, amongst others, so that's kinda what I grew up liking. 

Once I hit my teenage years I started to branch out a bit more... got into Lana Del Rey (like teenagers do). That lasted maybe until I was 15.

Then, quickly, I was back into classic rock again! Haven't been able to shake it since. Don't know why that's how it is for me... but it is!

Suggested posts