Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tell me your fav band/artist without saying the name of it!

Tell me your fav band/artist without saying the name of it!

I thought this would be interesting! 

8 Replies

Oh, so you're asking me to introduce you to a favourite artist of mine without mentioning the artist's name? That's interesting and I find it would be quite cool, @StupidEmoTeen  😄

My favourite artist makes electronic music, has been making since the 90s. What I really love about this artist's music is the wonderful melodies and intricate work around percussion and sound manipulation. I also love how there is no much repetition of anything, all tracks are little journeys.
No two songs are the same, and with every album the sound continues to develop into something new. Older works were created entirely from samples, newer works make use of programming and synthesizing sounds with results that still sound earthly and soft without losing it to tinkering random stuff with modules or becoming jarring and disoriented.
The artist has quite a few aliases, a couple of them still yet to be revealed. One of the aliases makes naughty bass music inspired by hiphop and drum&bass, another very new alias that I love in particular makes wonderful music that genre-wise could be called as electronic folk. The artist gives this alias a singing voice that is soft, drony and caressing, and guitars sounding so intricate and true yet they are entirely programmed.
(it would have been much easier to learn to play guitar than that)
The artist has an own little label now which is used to release content by the artist and all the aliases.

Now what? 😄

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My favorite artist is a jam band formed in Burlington, Vermont (US) in 1983. They are known for improvisation, blending genres, extended jamming, and a dedicated fan base. The members of the band are guitarist Trey Anastasio (the reason why I chose this Spotify Community username), bassist Mike Gordon, drummer Jon Fishman, and keyboardist Page McConnell. While Trey Anastasio is the lead vocalist, all the members of the band perform vocals. Chris Kuroda is the lighting director for the band’s live concerts.

The genres of music that this band draws from in their compositions and improvisations are varied, including progressive rock, funk, psychedelic rock, blues, folk, jazz, bluegrass, and pop. In 2000, the band went on a hiatus for a couple of years, before regrouping in 2002 and again being active until 2004. In 2004, they disbanded before regrouping again in 2009. Since then they have been performing concerts regularly, and have released four new studio albums during this time.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You’ve got me, who is it! 🙂

My favorite Metal band is hallowed (greatly revered and honored).

My favorite Rock band is one that seemed to need to stop, drop, and roll, because of one song on the debut album. On the next album, you can hear that medical care was called for. Many years later, the lead singer was an E.M.T., for a little while.

One of two of my favorite Christian Rock/Metal bands is telling you to be cautious, with the colors that they wear. The lead singer sang for Boston, for a little while, after the lead singer committed suicide. The new bassist is from the band, Firehouse.

My favorite Country band shares the name of one state, but tells you how to play in another. Two of the members are cousins.

I'll keep it at this. I hope this is fun for you.

Follow me

This band started out of the ashes of another previously successful band in Australia and New Zealand in 1985 with their first single from their self titled album released in 1986, the band is part New Zealand part Australian withe bassist being the younger brother of another successful Australian band but has had several line up changes but is still around today, they recently released a new single for an upcoming album.

This wonderful man started his journey 10 years ago on the X Factor. After getting rejected he got put into a boy band that stole my heart, for 5 years they were the biggest boy band in the world. After those 5 years they went there own paths towards their solo careers. He so far has released 2 albums that are amazing, and has been in 2 movies, 1 in 2016, and the other one just finished filming!!! He has an amazing sense of fashion and style. He loves Gucci and is a global Gucci icon! Can you guess who he is?

1. She's Irish
  2. She composes her own music
  3. She sings in Gaelic, Latin, and a language that her lyricist made up for her.
  4. She started out singing with her clan.
  5. She lives in a Castle.

See if you can guess who she is, before of looking her up.

I definitely recommend listening to her (along with my other favorite artists and bands).

Follow me

1: a boy band with 7 members

2: a lot of their music is not in english

3: talks about loving yourself, following your dreams, societal issues, etc

4: released a new album last month

5: has an army of fans

6: extremely good looking

7: an extremely popular group

tell me your guesses in the comments

Suggested posts