Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

This Artist was discovered FIRST on my playlist

This Artist was discovered FIRST on my playlist

Hey guys,

Did you know when you click on an artist, to the right of it you can see the number of listeners. If you click this you can see on which playlist this artist was featured first. I hereby invite YOU to post the first artist and the playlist which it was first discovered on:

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

20 Replies

I found a few bands and artists who have been discovered on my playlists. Anyway, I want to highlight one of them. This is an Spanish band from Madrid that I really like since the first day I have listened them at the beginning of 2012. They're HOLA A TODO EL MUNDO and their song 'A Movement Between These Two' is one of my favourite songs ever. 

spotify:track:47q6Hb14FWh40BXYHl0q7z

spotify:artist:5jVipo1CdeIIUw2tDolYLj

Spotify Profile

What's a Spotify Rock Star and how do I become one?

Follow me on Spotify and Twitter

Thanks for your contribution. I'm listening now and it doesn't sound Spanish 🙂

Anyway, here is my artist: Pike with Good Feelings.

spotify:track:6sGrjvqortgOxCwOHaFasn

First discovered on Boogie Terrestrial:

spotify:user:jazzwhat:playlist:5PA2n21V8mPfnrJ9Q4FoWx

@Jazzwhatever

To be clear, it doesn't show the playlist where the artist was featured first but the playlist bringing the most plays to the artist.

Thats' why we have more chance to see one of our playlist in the list if the artist is not known and has a few monthly streams.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Soundofus yeah true! Maybe would be better to show the playlist where the artist was featured first. Our playlists will be on the top, I'm sure! haha

Spotify Profile

Very recent example from this month :

Artist : Orphan Boy

Playlist : A Different October 2015

SoundofusSpotify Star

@Soundofus You might be correct, it shows the most plays. But in the info it says 'discovered' plus the number of plays. So is Spotify making a mistake by saying: 'discovered' ? (in my desktop app it says 'ontdekt op' i dont know exactly what its saying in the english app)

My first artist was Chedda The Connect from Hip Hop playlist

@Chris151 That's not what i meant 🙂 When i click on Chedda Da Connect it's most played on New Music Friday by Spotify.

ok. i apologize

Another recent one :

Artist : Chester Burnett

Playlist : Keith Richards : Under the Influence (soundtrack)

SoundofusSpotify Star

Here's one ... Paystyle Records Inc. from my playlist

@Chris151

I go to Paystyle Records Inc. profile page and click ABOUT. I don't see your playlist there

https://open.spotify.com/artist/22vKsdmWltbFOx5T5foEhU 

SoundofusSpotify Star

Loving this new feature! the title track from my latest playlist is coming up No1 in the search field. I'm pretty happy with that if I'm honest, but not having much joy with artists over about 5000 hits per month!

In spite of the name, they're not from Spain. 

The band Prince of Spain and my playlist 'Saturday Morning, Lying in Bed' 😃

https://open.spotify.com/album/1uyVjBfAOghpAjW4q7ewq3

spotify:user:sanik007:playlist:7IjvjlrEr3CGHra1wvk2xL

Spotify Profile

The Fun Company - Zambesi P1 & P2

spotify:track:0q112RJi3yCPx0s4tO89AG

On my playlist Hammond Heroes:

spotify:user:jazzwhat:playlist:7t8hFz7CCuRrdfnxHNlP6R

Have to say hats off to Spotify for this new feature. It connects the user with the artist in a way that I never imagined would be possible. It also encourages users to focus on new artists in their playlists in the hope they get credited with the discovery. Really, really great work, whoever came up with this should get a bonus or a promotion @Meredith !

Found another!

I won't detail all of them but most of the artists I have selected in My "Different October" appear or in 1st place or in the top 5 for playlists giving them visibility and number of plays. When it's in the top 5, it's always right after branded playlists. I am very proud of that 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star

Someone apparently followed my short playlist that I use to keep track of my favorite jazz artists, and since some of the artists are somewhat obscure or lesser known, that one follower got me at the top of the board for Hiroyuki Kitagawa (mainly because he hasn't been discovered through any other playlists) and in the top five for Traeben (because they only have 69 monthly listeners),  Kenny Barron & Dave Holland (their collaboration on The Art Of Conversation, not seperately), and Yoshiaki Okayasu.

Suggested posts