Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track of the Week 19/20: BT – Remember (Space Motion Remix)

Track of the Week 19/20: BT – Remember (Space Motion Remix)

Track of the Week 19_20_ BT - Remember (Space Motion Remix).jpgNew interpretations of older tracks are exciting. Either they are embarrassing or ingenious. You don’t have to be very clever to guess that the Track of the Week belongs to the second kind, of course.

Brian Wayne Transeau (BT) is no unknown to friends of electronic music. For those who do not know him, I recommend his detailed Wikipedia article. A short excerpt:

…an American musician, DJ, singer, songwriter, composer and audio engineer. As artist in the electronica music genre, he is credited as a pioneer of the trance and intelligent dance music styles that paved the way for EDM,and for “stretching electronic music to its technical breaking point.” In 2010, he was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Electronic/Dance Album for These Hopeful Machines.

That’ s it for the original artist. As I have already written quite provocatively in the introduction, I am more critical of reinterpretations. The reason is that I’m at an age when I’ve experienced all these horrible electro versions of old(er) classics. That’s why I’m usually sceptical. But already Reinier Zonneveld proved recently that this reservation seems to be without any reason meanwhile. However, why reinterpretation? I think the term remix is more appropriate for new versions within the same genre. Or at least if there is a temporal connection. But there are over 20 years between the original and the Space Motion version. Besides, the original version would hardly fit to the playlist on which the remix can be heard now.

Space Motion has adapted the track perfectly to the present day. Harmonies and melody are still clearly recognizable. The vocals have been replaced grandiosely without sounding like a squeezed solution. I don’t want to write more about it. Take four minutes of your life and listen to the track. It’s worth it!

The track can be heard on the ‘Deep Melodic Techno & Progressive Houseplaylist on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6vcnm2ksrLpEGKMk9Kzuyp

0 Replies

Suggested posts