Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upcoming releases that you’re looking forward to

Upcoming releases that you’re looking forward to

Are there any upcoming albums, EPs, or singles that have been announced by artists that you like, and you’re eager to hear them when they’ll be released? If so, feel free to share!

Some upcoming albums that I’m looking forward to listening to include:

• IV by Naxatras, to be released this Friday (February 25th, 2022)
  • VERE MODUS by Lambda, to be released this Friday as well (February 25th, 2022)
  • A Flourishing Fall in a Grain of Sand by Humanotone, to be released March 11th, 2022
  • Pāyān by Samavayo, to be released March 25th, 2022
  • The Space by Somali Yacht Club, to be released April 22, 2022
  • The Singularity by Wo Fat, to be released May 6th, 2022

You can also feel free to post in this thread again when the releases you've mentioned are out, to share your thoughts about them upon listening.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
11 Replies

Oh there's quite a few from Yuku already :')

Subp Yao's newest album Flana is going to drop in a couple of weeks. There's also an EP by The Science which will drop in April. Albums by Ténèbre and Chrizpy Chriz coming in summertime, a new Current Value LP this September, and a new Traka album sometime this year. Basically, a lot of awesome boundary-pushing electronic music. : )

I'm also very excited for the new Billain album. His new single is WONDERFUL it's blowing my mind with how juicy and intricate this track manages to be!

spotify:track:4W5BDLb3WWJ46HIclULmje:small 

And I welcome anything by Amon Tobin with open arms. The most imminent upcoming release:🩸🌕

SebastySpotify Star

I'm looking forward to the release of Donda 2 on regular streaming platforms, I'm not sure when it's due.

The stemplayer seems pretty cool but not many people will afford it 🙂

TaylithSpotify Star

Thanks for sharing, @Sebasty and @Taylith; I hope that you will enjoy these upcoming releases!

Also, the first two albums that I had mentioned looking forward to hearing have been released, and I think they’re both quite impressive!

I really enjoyed Lamba’s debut album from 2019, Heliopolis, so it’s hard for me to compare their new album to it; but I think Vere Modus sounds like it draws more inspiration from post-rock, while still incorporating elements of stoner- and psychedelic rock. Here’s my favorite track from Vere Modus, which I’ve added to my Spotify library:

spotify:track:21D3Sneue6o8JDg5o5rqsq:small 

Naxatras’ new album, IV, sees the band exploring new sounds more noticeably. It’s the first Naxatras release with their new keyboard player, and I think the keyboards and synths create a more expansive sound on the album; while the compositions see the band drawing more inspiration from progressive rock than before. Here’s my favorite track from IV (which I didn’t need to add to my library, as it was already released as a single last year):

spotify:track:4Ty6nMK3FnFWq9ByxxbVUE:small 

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Fancy a blend?
I'm always up for finding new music 🖤
Taylith// has invited you to join a Blend on Spotify. Join on the Spotify mobile app. https://open.spotify.com/blend/taste-match/5f85200e900f5449?si=xmMaz0DbREeGGw0dwmHIFA&fallback=getap...
TaylithSpotify Star

Thank you @Taylith for the Blend invite; Blends do seem like a good way to discover new music, and I’ve just joined this one. Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

No, thank you 🖤
I'll be keeping in touch, take care 🤝🖤
TaylithSpotify Star

I don't think Kanye will release that album on ... regular streaming services. Never thought I'd say that phrase, lol.

I see fans speculating that the album will become available on that stem player site in the future, but for now it's just rumors. So long it's just heavily pirated 😄

Anyway, I suppose I can add Luke Steele and his upcoming solo debut album into the list of anticipated releases. I was surprised to see his image change from the futuristic attire to a bearded indie folk rocker dressed in mostly all black, and I was positively surprised by his sound on that release too.
It's going to be a vulnerable and exposed record, and seems that he has taken the best of his production skills and applied it here. So far there's a single out:

spotify:track:5M7e7i1lYx7SJZuKF0HWkP:small 

SebastySpotify Star

I'm looking for NEIL YOUNG & C,S,N &Y. Get with it Snotify.  I pay Premium to hear them not that **bleep** Joe Rogan. 

Ultimately the person to press play is you. : )

I recently heard an advance track from Chewlie, another Yuku artist who's releasing an EP named Creature in... May. I kind of brushed past the album preview mix because there are others so much more captivating, but that track completely sucked me in. It's titled Alpine, and it's incredible bass-laced atmosphere, disjointed and subtle. Basically everything I love in a song. :')

SebastySpotify Star

I recently found an amazing trio that goes by the name of Sir Sly 🖤

One of their tracks which really had me hooked is called Astronaut.

They recently released a new single from a new album,spine curves❤️

So I'll be staying tuned to see how it goes 🏂

TaylithSpotify Star

Thanks for sharing about these other upcoming releases that you’re looking forward to, @Sebasty and @Taylith; they sound like they’ll be great!

A couple of the other albums that I mentioned earlier have now been released, so here are my thoughts about them:

I think A Flourishing Fall in a Grain of Sand is a very impressive second album for Humanotone; and it reminds me of one of one of my favorite bands, Elder, in that Humanotone’s sound at times involves a similar riffing style to the guitarist from Elder, incorporating both clean- and distorted tones while progressively blending elements of stoner rock/metal with some psych influences. Oftentimes the guitar on the album has a nice fuzzy distorted quality that I enjoy, and there are also lots of almost prog-like, unexpected twists and turns within each song.

Though my current favorite Humanotone track (“Divergencia”) is from their self-titled debut, I’d say A Flourishing Fall in a Grain of Sand is a very strong album. My favorite song from it is the first track, “Light Antilogies,” which was originally released as a single prior to the album release:

spotify:track:6qcl99rsgHdTzunWXRCT0N:small 

I think Pāyān by Samavayo is a great album as well; and in a way it’s similar to Humanotone’s new album in that it presents listeners with a “progressive stoner rock” sound, drawing not only from fuzzy desert/stoner rock, but also from other genres such as progressive- and psychedelic rock, Middle Eastern rhythmic influences, and even the aggressive attitude of punk. Featuring guest musicians such as Nick DiSalvo from Elder on the first track (“Afghan Sky”) and Igor Sydorenko from Stoned Jesus on the title track, Samavayo’s latest album masterfully combines these various musical styles in songs that explore lyrical themes about “the end” (“pāyān” in Persian).

My favorite track is the title track, which I’ve added to a few of my playlists; and it has Persian lyrics, similar to other tracks by Samavayo that I like, such as “Arezooye Bahar” and “Vatan”:

spotify:track:1xFePBiW5zLOq74vRoIrk4:small 

Also, here are some additional upcoming albums that I’ve heard will be released soon, and am looking forward to as well:

• A new album by Jagannatha, to be released next month (I’ve seen the cool artwork for the album, but don’t yet know what it will be titled)
  • Fenice by Ufomammut, to be released May 6th, 2022
  • Tr3s by Sageness, to be released May 15th, 2022

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts