Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's the first album you ever bought?

What's the first album you ever bought?

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory.

I was about 10 when the album came out. Buying a CD as a 10 year old is no laughing matter - this was the most amount of money I’d ever spent on anything. Having absolutely no concept of money, it was hard to hand over £10-15. It was a financial crisis!

In The End (great pun), I decided to buy it, and oh boy was it a good purchase! I’d heard a few singles from the album, and couldn’t wait to get going on the full thing. I put some fresh batteries in my walkman, inserted the CD, and pressed play. Boom! Papercut, here we go!

spotify:track:1Vej0qeQ3ioKwpI6FUbRv1:small

I’m not going to go into details about the album itself, as I’m fairly sure 99% of humans on earth have heard it. If you haven’t heard it, it might be too late. What I will say is the album changed my view on music. No longer was music that thing that my parents listened to - now I had my own music! This album was the fuel for many of my short lived careers in skateboarding, BMXing, bass guitar, and that one time I tried to make my own energy drink to sell.

What’s the first album you ever bought?

spotify:album:6hPkbAV3ZXpGZBGUvL6jVM

73 Replies

I bought that Supertramp album, too, @demars. (But I was deep into vinylmania by that point.) I haven't listened to it in years — thanks for reminding me of it!

If you like this album, Supertramp, a few years ago, edited a video of THIS album !!

You find all the 16 songs of the Audio album (except one or two) BUT you can find some others (Child of Vision, Even in the Quietest Moments, Just another nervous wreck) not on the original audio album 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/4xLPOmzZAPg5NzRLon2pSN

I was so young, my mom had to be with me to get it. Still have the cassettes to this day. 

https://open.spotify.com/album/4CzT5ueFBRpbILw34HQYxi

https://open.spotify.com/album/7ycBtnsMtyVbbwTfJwRjSP

I have no words... album does the talking itself. I usually don't spend money on full albums/hard copies but this was worth every cent

ahh

clawfinger - use your brain 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/album/1NRaLCuhGAslu3L1iqfc8U

(i was sucha a bad listener as a kid 😉

I didn't buy any albums 'til I was in gymnasium (had finished basic school), so the first albums were given to me.
The first, when I was some kind of 7 years old, was a Ricky Martin record called 'Livin La Vida Loca'. It was the wild 'every single optical drive gave up on me + sawdust in sauce' period. There's also his VHS with the live performance, so additionally, the videocassette player went on a hiatus. : )

I cannot remember, which was the first album I bought. Possibly something from Robbie Williams, that I then ripped in and played for hundreds of times.

Still buying CD's, ripping in WAV.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Enema of the State

Blink 182

I was a paltry 12 years old, so when my dad saw the CD's cover photo he immediately threw it away. Naturally I re-purchased it a week later. 

13f894c1300cbdda027ff948ee963640c5126d29.jpg

Imagine Dragons- Night Visions
It was kind of an impulse buy

To be honest with you I cannot remember. Let's see 1974. Alan Parsons project I Robot. Or was it Dark side of the moon. I Robot I think was 75, or 76. Also my album collection included everything Led Zeppelin did including the bootleg "getting the led out" Currently I listen to Andy Timmins, Paul Gilbert, Richil Kotzen, Vinnie Moore... And more

If you like Supertramp the the vynal of breakfast in America. It has the logical song, take the long way home. And more. Great album from late 70's early 80's about that time Queen recorded The Game. Not too far off WasForeigner4. I'm from the south Let's not forger Lynerd Skynerd, Molly Hatchet, and Blackfoot as well as 38 Special. Toche' old rock only gets better I cauld write 1000 pages very easily on my knowledge of vintage rock and roll.

LL Cool J radio... #Real80sBaby

Mc Hammer.. lol
Follow me

At least it was not kc and the sunshine band... No way, On Vynal I can't remember. On CD it was Asia self tited Asia 1983. Along with my first CD player.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

I inherited David Essex's Rock on album when I was about 5, when I got my first record player.

I mostly played my siblings records.  First album I bought was in 1977 and was the soundtrack to Star wars.

I went down the local music shop (no longer there surprise!) and bought Michael Jackson - Dangerous on tape! Still have it. 

The First I purchased. p.s. as an 8-year-old... 😉

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify%3Aalbum%3A2ANVost0y2y52ema1E9xAZ" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

That question brings up so many memories.... I'm not that old and growing up with YouTube songs and the radio, I was never tempted into buying an album. However, this one time, it was my birthday and I was obsessed with a French singer because of the language, so when I saw her album in a really great price, I decided to make a gift to myself. I still know most songs by heart 🙂

Voilà! My first album: Mini World by Indila

Really good question @Lee, brought the feels back 😄

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Sawdust, by The Killers. I was just amazed by the idea of having my first CD album and I saw this one stading in front of a lot Death-Metal / Black-Metal / Darkest-Metal albums whose name I had never hear about and I thought that it could be a good beginning.

1st album Paula Abdul, Forever Your Girl (priceless pop gem)

2nd Vanilla Ice, Ice Ice Baby (still remember all the lyrics)

3rd Mariah Carey, Mariah Carey (Love takes time...)

This is awkward but it was a Now That's What I Call Music CD, UK number 51 and I was 11 when I bought it from a charity shop with my Dad.

Suggested posts