Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's with the horrible Discover Weekly songs?

What's with the horrible Discover Weekly songs?

The songs that get put into my Discover Weekly playlist are some of the worst songs I've ever heard. I don't know how you guys make these playlists, but I'd really like something different. It's full of parody songs and just poorly made remixes. I have barely listened to either of these types of songs but that's all I get in these playlists.

7 Replies

Hey @user-removed

Sorry to hear you're not happy with your Discover Weekly!

You can, however, try marking songs you don't want to hear again by hitting the "Don't Like" button on the particular song. This lets the algorithms know that you don't like this kind of music and will add other kind of music next time.
It's a gradual change. 🙂

Hope this helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah, I know about that, I've been doing that forever, it's the same garbage though.

Mine is also utter garbage. Especially since I use white noise at night playing from Spotify. 

Hey @Sjndre 

I'd suggest using Private Session when you're listening to that. Discover Weekly won't pull inspiration from content you listen to in that mode.

Have a nice day 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The songs overall aren't terrible, its exactly what the post states that is wrong. I don't want every other song to be a cover or remix. Those two styles of songs are not new discoveries if I already have the song in the original version.

My piece of advice: If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

In my discover weekly roughly 1 hour 30 min songs.

Most of them are good, but there are plenty too short tracks under 2 minutes. I listen ONLY over 2.40 min tracks.

Why? Because in my opinion making short under 2.40 min tracks is laziness and just for money...

You could easily trash these too short songs and replace them with more valuable content.

Suggested posts