Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's your favorite album of 2019 up to now?

What's your favorite album of 2019 up to now?

Hi all,

The last quarter of the year has started. What's your favorite album up to now?

Mine is Western stars - bruce springsteen

Looking forward to see yours.

Regards,

René

15 Replies

Well, it's a tricky question because this year has seen many great releases from various artists. Datach'i in one to come to mind with his absolutely stunning modular sounds.

Former just came out with a new release which I listened to a lot. I love his manipulated voice synths and sound design and the atmosphere they create. ESO Fog has some dirty beat which almost reminds me of Two Fingers. :')

What is able to move me to tears is that Amon Tobin album released back in April, his first in 8 years. Songs like "On a Hilltop Sat The Moon", "Pale Forms Run By", "Velvet Owl", "Fooling Alright" feel so good to me.

spotify:album:4NgC9zznEu2PiENNZGGATl

BUT: there is another Amon Tobin album coming this month and the first single off it makes my soul cry. It's so... everything. I think that album will end me. I mean.. uhhh..... Hear it yourself:
spotify:album:4xe8D8bZ84cwgZ6BvTLyJD:small

I also listened to Telefon Tel Aviv's newest release and it's something magical. I'd say this one is a must listen, especially if you fancy some beautiful electronica that take you on an introspectrive journey rather than make you dance.
spotify:album:67exhttOEgFdlqcPQCX9x9

The year ain't over for me yet. :')

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My favorite album of 2019 so far is Elder's The Gold & Silver Sessions:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4WD2n2uML96zPjzds22Ykl?si=TIXqAhsAS7-GuDpoRTCo2g

AdamDamSpotify Star

So far.... 

spotify:album:1i9PDv6BO8c8Y5lxMG6Lej

JpgchiefRock Star 14

Currently waiting for the release of Ghosteen by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and it probably will be my answer. At leas I hope so. 

But so far I've enjoyed this one: 

https://open.spotify.com/album/4ZCrk8P8S1iSsEXZjimtPY?si=kji6qdiTRSuUSWvH_goocQ

Wow, trying to think of my favorite album release this year was more difficult than I thought it would be. Nowadays, it feels like I tend to listen to individual songs rather than entire playlists, but I was still surprised by the lack of options. This isn't because of a lack of great music, but simply because I haven't listened to a full album in ages. Ahh, the joys of streaming 🙂

spotify:album:1xJ7jIK1tT0aVoJw1fPE6r

Hi @BenitoKCM,

This is for sure one of my favorites also. I didn't know them before. For me definantly one of the surprises of this year.

Cheers,

René

Hi @Jpgchief,

I haven't heard the full album but I like Big and Boys in the better land a lot. They are for sure on my favorite songs of 2019 list.

Thanks,

René

Hi @Emilia_8,

Yes I'm also looking forward to the new album of nick cave, a double album I heard, I think one is called parents and one children or something looe that.

Did you had the chance to go to his conversation concerts?

Durant Jones is also very nice, old school soul.

Thanks,

René

I don't even listen to full albums anymore, but this one is an instant classic:

spotify:album:7acEciVtnuTzmwKptkjth5

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi @osornios,

For me the thing with Tool is that I like everything about them except their music 😀

I mean, I like their attitude, the way they do everything different from what is expected, I like their artwork, went to one of their concerts a few months ago. But the songs just last too long for me and it's hard to know if a new song is started or they are still in the previous one 😀

But it's definantly one of the biggest releases of the year.

Regards,

René

@Rene01 No, my country was not a part of the conversations tour.

I'm subscribed to The Red Hands Files, though. It's not the same, but I still enjoy it. 

@Rene01 

Those things you mention are the reason I like their music, hahaha. Their songs can't be listened as singles: you need to put the record, and listen to it from start to finish. You can't put it in the background either, you have to really listen to every riff, solo, and lyric. It's a trippy experience.

Records aren't made like that anymore. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

@eltoch wrote:

Wow, trying to think of my favorite album release this year was more difficult than I thought it would be. Nowadays, it feels like I tend to listen to individual songs rather than entire playlists, but I was still surprised by the lack of options. This isn't because of a lack of great music, but simply because I haven't listened to a full album in ages. Ahh, the joys of streaming 🙂

[---]

Ahh man :') I feel you. I also tend to just queue songs off playlists and albums most of the time, I do that on my local media player Foobar2000 as well.

I was doing it that way even before I made a Spotify account.

I try to listen to full releases as often as I can get myself to do that. Sometimes nothing speaks to me, sometimes I'm swept off my feet by the same album.

For example Alix Perez came out this year with a little EP with Melodrama in it. I've listened to that song like almost 200 times (most-played track for this year), I love it so much, but the whole EP.. a handful of times only. :')

SebastySpotify Star

Oh gosh tough question...I think my answer would change pending my mood because I loved albums from Dear Seattle, Sigrid, Jade Bird, Matt Kerekes, Hilltop Hoods, The Highwomen and others but this is the album I keep coming back to...

https://open.spotify.com/album/5KypTqY5D4Szk4rlDoQoKn?si=uNBxfbBdQnO6Ij0wSXXz9w

Suggested posts