Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What’s your favourite all time movie soundtrack?

What’s your favourite all time movie soundtrack?

Hi everyone.

In light of the Oscars on Sunday we’ve been talking what is the best movie soundtrack.

Mine is Kenny Loggins – Danger Zone

Which one is yours?

What am I listening now? What am I listening to.

Check how Spotify is going. @SpotifyStatus

New to the Community? Just head over to Newbie Guide.

52 Replies

Bonsoir

Alors pour moi c'est la bande son du film performance sorti en 1970

Too many to choose from to name a favorite of all time. My favorite soundtrack of 2014 wasn't a movie but, rather from the show on HBO The Leftovers done by the wonderful Max Richter. Awesome to relax, study or reflect to.

First fresh paint. diov eth retne.png

Hello !

Pulp Fiction ( 1994 )

Pulp Fiction is a 1994 American black comedy crime film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, from a story by Tarantino and Roger Avary. The film is known for its eclectic dialogue, ironic mix of humor and violence, nonlinear storyline, and a host of cinematic allusions and pop culture reference

No film score was composed for Pulp Fiction; Quentin Tarantino instead used an eclectic assortment of surf music, rock and roll, soul, and pop songs. Di ck Dale's rendition of "Misirlou" plays during the opening credits

Some excerpts from the film.

Hello

Dazed and Confused ( 1993 )

Dazed and Confused is a 1993 coming of age comedy film written and directed by Richard Linklater. The film features a large ensemble cast of actors who would later become stars, including Matthew McConaughey, Jason London, Ben Affleck, Milla Jovovich, Cole Hauser, Parker Posey, Adam Goldberg, Joey Lauren Adams, Nicky Katt, and Rory Cochrane. The plot follows various groups of Texas teenagers during the last day of school in the summer of 1976.

The soundtrack for the film was released on September 28, 1993 by The Medicine Label. The songs "Hurricane" by Bob Dylan, "Hey Baby" by Ted Nugent, and "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith were also included in the film, but not on the commercial soundtracks.

Hello !

Not Another Teen Movie ( 2001 )

Not Another Teen Movie is a 2001 American teen comedy film directed by Joel Gallen, released on December 14, 2001 by Columbia Pictures. It is a parody of teen movies which had accumulated in Hollywood over the decades preceding its release.

The soundtrack for the film features metal, punk and rock artists from the 1990s and 2000s, mostly covering songs from the 1980s, and this CD was released by Maverick Records in 2001.

""

Forrest Gump is a classic.

Chef is a great movie with a nice soundtrack too!

https://open.spotify.com/album/2HqVuqQRGNkBIwCmpzAh8c

This song always hits me right in the feels. https://open.spotify.com/track/5uXXHbXfoebEI6qqiIqOdl Star Wars Episode III was one of the most emotional Star Wars i've ever watched.

Be sure to show some kudos if the help I give is useful! Don't forget to check out my soundcloud page for daily reposts.

Yann Tiersen's Amelíe's Soundtrack it's just lovely and simply makes you feel like in France

not sure if someone else has shared it .. but what the heck!

https://open.spotify.com/album/1SGPxEJ71ZX2zK0tQ9jMGt

Enjoy! 

I have a thing for crazy music, follow me to listen to check out my playlists..

If you like the post, please give KUDOS.
If i help you with something, accept as a solution, will be awesome..

Feel free to send a friend request, music network is infinite...

Hello !

Vanilla sky ( 2001 )

Vanilla Sky is a 2001 American science fiction thriller film directed, written and co-produced by Cameron Crowe. It is an English-language remake of Alejandro Amenábar's 1997 Spanish film Open Your Eyes, which was written by Amenábar and Mateo Gil, with Penélope Cruz reprising her role from the original movie. The movie is described as "an odd mixture of science fiction, romance and reality warp"

( Wikipedia )

""

Theme from Taxi Driver - Bernard Herrman

Taxi Driver OST.jpg

https://play.spotify.com/album/0Su23YyUD0OyafVwOP22HP

Hello !

Good Morning Vietnam ( The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 1988 )

Good Morning, Vietnam is a 1987 American war-comedy film written by Mitch Markowitz and directed by Barry Levinson.

Set in Saigon in 1965, during the Vietnam War, the film stars Robin Williams as a radio DJ on Armed Forces Radio Service, who proves hugely popular with the troops, but infuriates his superiors with what they call his "irreverent tendency". The story is loosely based on the experiences of AFRS radio DJ Adrian Cronauer.

Most of Williams' radio broadcasts were improvised. The film was a critical and commercial success; for his work in the film, Williams was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role. The film is number 100 on the list of the "American Film Institute's 100  Funniest American Movies". ( wikipedia )

""

Hello !

I'm Not There ( Music From The  Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2007 )

The soundtrack album for the Bob Dylan biopic I'm Not There was released as a double CD on October 30, 2007. It features only one recording by Dylan himself—his previously unreleased recording of the title song "I'm Not There" recorded during The Basement Tapes' sessions in 1967—plus various other artists' recordings of songs written by Dylan. These CDs do not contain the movie sound track. Fragments from less than half of the titles are heard in the film, which features more of Dylan's own recordings. The end credits relay a complete list of music heard in the film, including Dylan's "Blind Willie McTell", a song released on his album The Bootleg Series Volumes 1–3.

A four-LP version was also released. It features the various artists on the record holding up the side numbers on cue cards, modeled after the "Subterranean Homesick Blues" scene from Dylan's 1967 film Dont Look Back. ( wikipedia )

""

Hello !

Good Morning England ( The Boat That Rocked )

The Boat That Rocked (retitled Pirate Radio in North America, Good Morning England in France, Radio Rock Revolution in Germany, Rock Wave in CIS region, and I Love Radio Rock in Italy ) is a 2009 British comedy film written and directed by Richard Curtis, with pirate radio in the United Kingdom during the 1960s as its setting. The film has an ensemble cast featuring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Bill Nighy, Rhys Ifans, Nick Frost, and Kenneth Branagh. Set in 1966, it tells the story of the fictitious pirate radio station "Radio Rock" and its crew of eclectic disc jockeys, who broadcast rock and pop music to the United Kingdom from a ship anchored in the North Sea while the British government endeavours to shut them down. It was produced by Working Title Films for Universal Pictures, and was filmed on the Isle of Portland and at Shepperton Studios.

( Wikipedia )

""

Mortal Kombat OST is definitely on my short list of groovy film soundtracks for sure...https://play.spotify.com/user/travellingmanleeds/playlist/4ZGqY4kjAf2oSleUn032EJ

Slip
Into the bath
Into the grey
Hating yourself so much it hurts
Wake
Up from a nap
Wish you were brave
But you're not that kind of person

My last.fm profile page: http://last.fm/user/Sekhmet9

Hello !

Adventureland

Adventureland is a 2009 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Greg Mottola, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart and co-starring Ryan Reynolds, Bill Hader, Martin Starr, and Margarita Levieva. The film is set in the summer of 1987 when recent college grad James Brennan (Jesse Eisenberg) is making big plans to tour Europe and attend graduate school in pursuit of a career in journalism. However, financial problems force him to look for a summer job instead of traveling abroad, which places him at Adventureland, a run-down amusement park in western Pennsylvania. There he meets Emily Lewin (Kristen Stewart), a co-worker with whom he develops a quick rapport and relationship.
A total of 41 songs were licensed for use in the film. The soundtrack includes 14 songs and was released on April 1, 2009. The songs included are mostly from the 1980s, to fit with the setting of the film, with several tracks from the late 1960s and early 1970s, most notably by The Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, the New York Dolls and cult darlings Big Star. The '80s bands represent a cross section of alternative bands from the time including Hüsker Dü, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Nick Lowe, The Cure, The Replacements, and Crowded House.

""

Hello !

The Virgin Suicides ( 1999 )

The Virgin Suicides is a 1999 American drama written and directed by Sofia Coppola, produced by her father Francis Ford Coppola,  starring James Woods, Kathleen Turner, Kirsten Dunst, Josh Hartnett, and A. J. Cook. Based on the novel of the same name by Jeffrey Eugenides, the film tells of the events surrounding the lives of five sisters in an upper-middle class suburb of Detroit during the 1970s. After the youngest sister makes an initial attempt at suicide, the sisters are put under close scrutiny by their parents, eventually being put into near-confinement, which leads to increasingly depressive and isolated behaviour.

In addition to original score composed for the film by Air, the film features songs by 1970s-era performers and five tracks from the 1990s by  Sloan. A separate soundtrack album was released featuring music from Todd Rundgren, Steely Dan, Heart, Sloan, The Hollies, Al Green, Gilbert O'Sullivan, 10cc, Head East, and two tracks by Air (one previously recorded; one composed for the film). ( Wikipedia )

My Selection :

""

""

Hello !

Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid ( 1973 )

Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid is a 1973 American Western drama film directed by Sam Peckinpah and starring James Coburn, Kris Kristofferson, and Bob Dylan, and written by Rudy Wurlitzer. The film is about an aging Pat Garrett, hired as a lawman by a group of wealthy New Mexico cattle barons to bring down his old friend Billy the Kid.
Dylan composed several songs for the movie's score and soundtrack album Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, which was released the same year. It was filmed on location in Durango, Mexico, and was nominated for two BAFTA Awards for Film Music (Dylan) and Most Promising Newcomer (Kristofferson). It was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Album of Best Original Score (Dylan). ( Wikipedia )

""

I love the soundtrack in "Inside Llewyn Davies"! I can recommend the movie to every musiclover out there! 😄

https://open.spotify.com/album/1HlwBBTjItwW2VN4OG1rin

Whoop Whoop!

I'd have to say this one 🙂

fg 2.jpg

Princess Autumn Starlight

Suggested posts