Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's your latest first listen?

What's your latest first listen?

My favourite thing about music is hearing something you love for the first time. It's magic!

How about we all share the latest song that's made us take a moment out to stop and enjoy it? Here's mine.

I've been a fan of Ween for years, but guess I didn't hear it at the right time. Excited to hear yours!

Updating this playlist with your tracks: Latest First Listen thread

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.
94 Replies

Great thread Robbie!

I only listened to tragic 60's songwriter, Karen Dalton, for the first time yesterday. She expresses something pure and honest that appears absent from most modern music.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I only recently discovered Fink, and this song in particular made me stop and listen. Hope you like it too. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Got this one on radio yesterday, just had to listen a few times! 

That Fink track is epic! 😄 Added them to my "to listen" list!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Mine's a Radio find too Peter 🙂

Stumbled across this on a random playlist (probably a Tunigo one):

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

This is a great track! 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Today's discovery:

Peter

Peter

Nice thread!

Although I'm always a bit suspicious when I hear songs for the first time and already like them. Mostly they grow old fast then.

I prefer those that you notice only after the 3rd, 4th listening and really grow on you then. 😉

However here's a song that I liked from first listening and still love to hear now:

Bajofondo – Grand Guignol

When I first heard this song it was an incredible experience, and I'm not exaggerating. Parts of the song gave me goosebumps, made my eyes water (not just a little), and I couldn't stop smiling.  Months later I still have the same experience every time I listen to it, and a good pair of headphones just makes it more incredible. I don't think I had listened to tango before that song but sure did afterward. lol

I did some googing and apparently my brain might be getting an endorphin rush during parts of that song.

Some great recommendations here everyone, thank you. @Premify That's a very good point. I love when you look back at the first time you heard your favourite songs - it's like you can track the moment when that part of your life changed.  Every listen is another reminder.

@smelico That's exactly what we're looking for! Great description. Hope you keep finding ones like that.

Here's the newest a friend sent recently. Can't recommend the album enough (it's not all as intense as this one, promise):

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

@Robbie wrote:

@Some great recommendations here everyone, thank you. @Premify That's a very good point. I love when you look back at the first time you heard your favourite songs - it's like you can track the moment when that part of your life changed.  Every listen is another reminder.

@smelico That's exactly what we're looking for! Great description. Hope you keep finding ones like that.

Here's the newest a friend sent recently. Can't recommend the album enough (it's not all as intense as this one, promise):

And with that recommendation, my latest first listen is Jon Hopkins – Abandon Window.

I've always liked Jon Hopkins, especially the soundtrack he did for Monsters, but this is a whole new level.

Fantastic album, thank you for sharing Robbie!

___

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

There's a new These New Puritans album and it's gorgeous.

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Taking a bit of a genre turn.....heard this one on the office playlist and was immediately hooked:

My Spotify Playlists:
http://open.spotify.com/user/1121836615

___

The theme song to 'Orange is the New Black' TV show on Netflix, which I'm loving at the moment.

Adam wrote:

The theme song to 'Orange is the New Black' TV show on Netflix, which I'm loving at the moment.

Slightly offtopic....but everyone is gong crazy over this show. Watching ep. 1 tonight and expecting big things. 

@meahtenoha wrote:

Adam wrote:

Slightly offtopic....but everyone is gong crazy over this show. Watching ep. 1 tonight and expecting big things. 

I didn't know much about it before I started watching so hopefully the hype won't ruin it for you!

Suggested posts