Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why were these songs unavailable?

Why were these songs unavailable?

A few days ago, I noticed some songs I saved to my library have been darkened out and I can't play them anymore. Even I can't find them through the search.

• Tell Me If You Still Care - The S.O.S. Band
  • Turn up the Radio - Autograph
  • Fight Music For The Fight - Bromheads Jackets
  • America The Beautiful - Ray Charles - Ray Charles Forever
  • I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers - Cool as Folk
  • Short and Sweet - Spinal Tap
  • Come On (Originally Performed by Green River Ordinance) [Vocal Version] - Mega Tracks Karaoke Band
  • Hold You Down (Clean Version) - DJ Khaled
3 Replies

Hey @CboyC95 

A greyed out song means the song is unavailable due to a change happening to it. For instance any regional or global change in distribution will cause music to become unavailable for some weeks, maybe months. There are lots of reasons why a song might become unavailable, but usually they should return after a while.

It's worth checking if the artist has re-added the song too. Sometimes the song is already back, but it has a different url to the one you have in your playlist. 🙂

It's not possible to search for unavailable songs in Spotify's internal search, but they will show up in Google.

Hope this helps, have a lovely day! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

"There are lots of reasons why a song might become unavailable-". @Sebasty, can you please show us several "reasons" of songs becoming "unavailable"? And if possible, are there any more details of the "global change in distribution" that causes our favorite tracks as "unavailable in our country"? Who's changing the "global distribution" and why?

maybe copyright?

Suggested posts