Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Favorite Albums of 2014

Your Favorite Albums of 2014

Hey guys, let's start sharing our favorite albums released in 2014. I'll keep this playlist updated with your additionsFavorite Albums of 2014

1. Check the playlist to see if the album has been mentioned.

2. Right click the album in Spotify.

3. Select ‘Copy Embed Code’.

4. Paste it in the HTML tab on your Community post. 

I'll get us started with The War On Drugs

160 Replies

not sure how to get it embedded like the rest of the comments 😕

I will just repost what I provided in another thread here, Hope it works for you if not there is another way. Information below.

If you currently have the board permissions for using the HTML posting option these instructions should work from this user @

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Your-Favorite-Albums-of-2014/td-p/771829

1. Right click on the album, playlist name, or song title in Spotify. 2. Select ‘Copy Embed Code’. 3. Paste it in the HTML tab on your Community post. 4. Click on preview to see if everything looks good 5. Click post

If for some reason you can not post that way you can still right click on any album cover and/or song title and select to post the Copy HTTP Link option, anyone here or anywhere for that matter where that info is posted can then use it to load that album in their player apps to listen to.

cheers 🙂

Awesome debut album from Sydney duo 'Much Like Today'

I have been listening to this new release by Black Label Society as with all things Zakk Wyld it is usually rather rocking.

A couple of other new one.

This one from Stoner Rock/Stoner Metal Band Fu Manchu:

The Next one by Sludge Core/Sludge Metal band Crowbar:

I will add more as I listen and come across more. A few bands I am awaiting to see if the full releases drop onto the spotify service Next month, Arch Enemy - June 10, Corrosion of Conformity - June 24, and Tankard - June 20.

very kool album , ty  powerful and soft  at the right times , like how it doesnt go overboard with hard rocking keeps the sound exciting  

Well another new one in 2014.

I listened through it a couple of times, for this type of stoner/sludge metal it is a rather decent offering.

Arch Enemy's War Enternal release is next up, I have just gotten to it as it drop several days ago. So far the new singer Alissa White-Gluz  is not disappointing me.

Find myself listening to this again often:

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Just discovered this album today and I'm in love! It's magical. 😄

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Might be a bit of a cheat, since its actually a reissue of a 15 year old album, but its really great still: 

Well I have had a couple of listens through Arch Enemy's War Eternal, I must say this release may end up in my top 5 overall at the end of the year for myself. It has a nice balance of the prog death metal sound they are known for the new singer can growl and scream with the best of any of them out there today. The band even does a really good cover of the Mike Oldfield single Shadow On The Wall. I would be pleased to give this a 4 or 4 and half stars for this effort even with the changes in lineup. For those who like European Epic and prog metal with death elements blended in this is a very good release.

@luciantenebrae - going back to the sludge/stoner stuff, did you hear the new Floor album yet?

Been a Real Estate fan for ages but I was really impressed with Atlas this year. Keep coming back to Had To Hear.

I thought I would post about this seeing as I am a Soundgarden listener and fan. A few days ago dropped on the Soundgarden artist page a Deluxe and Super Deluxe version of the album Superunknown for 2014. They are rather fantastic versions both have the standard 15 tracks of the original release plus a bonus track of She Likes Surprises only released in Japan and European markets that is for the first Disk for a total of 16 tracks. Second Disc contains demos, rarities, acoustic versions, and rehearsal song episodes for 16 tracks making the two disc set 32 tracks total. Super Delux version contains the first 16 tracks of the first disc of the deluxe version, second disc contains alternate mixes, live songs from the world tour, demos, acoustic versions, and rarities for 16 track total. Third disc contains 9 more demoed versions of songs, and disc 4 is 14 tracks of rehearsal versions of the songs from the recording sessions for a grand total of 55 tracks.

Soundgarden - Superunknown (Deluxe Edition)

Soundgarden - Superunknown (Super Deluxe)

Enjoy. 🙂

No I did not but I will check it out, too many artists too little time. 🙂

I'm liking this new one from Nazareth. Can't say I've ever listened to much of their material, but it's kind of nice hearing some very classic rock sounding music in 2014.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Adding to new releases of 2014 here is another one I took a couple of listens through.

HELLYEAH - Blood For Blood:

I have just gotten to Floor now and put together a playlist of their stuff available, so far I like I should get to the new release in my playlist sometime today or tomorrow. Their self titled release so far reminds me some of the fuzz alternative rock/metal band Quicksand.

My Floor Playlist:

Been a Lone fan for a long time, glad this is out!

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Anyway I got through to the recent release of Floor I like it. The release of Oblation has some interesting twists to the stuff they had done before. I even liked the redone version of their own song of Diamond Daves Are Forever.

@luciantenebrae - Glad to hear you liked it, I thought it was cool. I think "Self Titled" is still my favourite album of theirs though.

The stuff Steve Brooks does with Torche, when he's not doing Floor stuff is quite good too. Its a bit of a cleaner sound, but some excellent tunes in there: Torche – Reverse Inverted

Also, I wouldn't say it's exactly 'sludgy' but the latest Helms Alee album was kind of cool

Suggested posts