Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Favorite Albums of 2014

Your Favorite Albums of 2014

Hey guys, let's start sharing our favorite albums released in 2014. I'll keep this playlist updated with your additionsFavorite Albums of 2014

1. Check the playlist to see if the album has been mentioned.

2. Right click the album in Spotify.

3. Select ‘Copy Embed Code’.

4. Paste it in the HTML tab on your Community post. 

I'll get us started with The War On Drugs

160 Replies

Another couple of new ones.

The First is by Ministry with Last Tangle In Paris - Live 2012 DeFiBrilLaTouR

The next one is not new for 2014 but is newely added to the Killing Joke artist page for 2014 it is the full release of Hosannas From The Basements of Hell.

Hey guys these are my favourite albums released this year:

Phantogram's Voices is probably my favorite album of the year so far. Also I heard that Phantogram and Big Boi are collaborating for an EP coming out maybe the end of this year, so there's potential for more album bests this year.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

See 'Music To-Do List' for new music I've been listening to: http://open.spotify.com/user/cakesmcgoose

Some punk, and some pop albums for 2014:

See 'Music To-Do List' for new music I've been listening to: http://open.spotify.com/user/cakesmcgoose

i give up! 😞  😄 tried to add image of it but time is too short 😄

milky chance

Another new one for 2014 by Sponge of their live release called Rotting Alive it is a rather nice live offering from the band.

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:album:2TNih5XZvKmU43vwgajAyU" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Daina Elizabeth Shukis
Follow me

A new one for  2014 Artist OverKill with White Devil Armory

So far these albums have been my favorites (but could have included many more):

Theres lots of good releases this year so far and stil some are coming, so it will be interesting to know how it goes along.

I feel that these 2 will be great contenders for the best album of the year, but as usual theres many good ones still for the competition.

Common's new album is really good. My favorite tracks are "Diamonds", "Real", "Rewind That" and "7 Deadly Sins".

Hey, everyone!  I realize this makes me a total geek, but on the Favorite Albums of 2014 list I have to give a shout out to Weird Al!  I hadn't listened to his songs in years--until he sucked me and my little boy back into the fan club with Mandatory Fun.

Sometimes you just need some giggles on a road trip, you know?  Enjoy!

Oh, and I had to also mention "Vengo" by Ana Tijoux as one of my faves from 2014.  I love all her work, and her thoughtful lyrics/social commentary, in addition to incredible sound (primarily rap set to edgy beats), really set her apart:

A new one for 2014 but a Summer Best of by the Band Clutch with Summer Sound Attack.

Natalia Lafourcade has a gorgeous voice. Her live concert album, "Mujer divina--tributo a Agustín Lara" (homage to Agustín Lara, prolific and brilliant Mexican composer of ballads and boleros), is smooth listening perfect for a late night of reminiscing. 

"Vive Latino Años XV 2014" is a perfect road trip album and a fun listen for both connoisseurs and newcomers to pop en español:

Another new one for 2014 by Falconer with Black Moon Rising.

Suggested posts