Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Playlist or playlists from Spotify?

Your Playlist or playlists from Spotify?

Hey,

Do you like to listen to your own playlists more or do you like to listen to the playlists that Spotify creates more?

drop your thoughts 😉

10 Replies

My personal playlists + Release Radar

I tend to listen to my own playlists more often than I listen to the playlists that Spotify creates. Usually I select tracks from my own playlists to listen to, by adding the songs that I want to hear into a temporary playlist just for that day. Every now and then, though, I check out Spotify’s “Stoner Rock” and “Doom & Sludge” playlists, sometimes other playlists of Spotify’s, as well as my “Discover Weekly” and “Release Radar.” However, when checking out these playlists of Spotify’s, I typically don’t listen to them all the way through, similar to when I listen to my own playlists.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

These days it's mostly the collaborative playlists within last.fm community. The very high amount of new content I get from there has stopped me from listening to my Discover Weekly completely. I do check the Release Radar sometimes, but I don't listen to that from start to end either.

I listen to the algorithmic playlists of everynoise.com a lot too, for instance I currently have the 'Psychedelic Folk' playlist at my arm's reach.

Other than the above, I check out playlists made by artists, labels and also other users. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

It always takes a little while until another playlist is permanently in my Top Playlists. So i also tend to hear my own playlists more often.

Most of the time I collect the tracks I like in a playlist that matches my mood and often contains other fitting genres.

The Alt Rock Ride Playlist from Venture Music has established itself after some time... after I put almost every song into other playlists 😄

@Sebasty

What's your last.FM user name.  I want to follow you on there if you allow it.  Thanks!

@musicorumgeniusMy last.fm username is Sabesty. Just click on the link 😄

...To explain the current mess that is my recent listens - I take part in the 80s top 10 listening sessions and I am also finishing off with the 2000s.

My top songs/albums/artists fortunately don't show it out 😅

SebastySpotify Star

I am new and started discoveringSpotify. I like both, my own (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0C4HgevQvROaj3EFnA5ayM?si=2cQDuTkhQWiP_L_Zjre4_Q) and Spotify created (which are mostly too long for me).

Hey everyone, 

To be honest I prefer listening to playlists already created by Spotify. This has some advantages like being easily at your disposal, curated more precisely than I'd do and easy to find with the Browse feature.

I use playlists created by myself sometimes, but only for specific activities like having a party or collecting songs from a specific genre. Another thing I like is the cover images of the Spotify-created playlists. 

Here's one of my favorites for everyone to enjoy:

spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DWVFeEut75IAL 

Like @Ivan, I also find myself listening to the Spotify-curated playlists quite a bit lately. I'm very picky about which one to play at what time of day, but luckily there's such a variety of different genres/moods, and they're also relatively easy to find using keywords.

A typical day of Spotify-curated playlists looks something like this for me:

1. First thing after waking up - something uplifting and instrumental from the 'Morning' category in Search, e.g. Wake Up Gently or Morning Stretch.
  2. When I start work - something more up-beat - sometimes I'll search for an artist whose vibe I'm looking for (e.g. Jordan Rakei) and then see what comes up in the 'Featured playlists' section in the search results (e.g. Butter or Alternative R&B).
  3. Throughout the day - varies wildly depending on the mood, but a good Focus playlist is always welcome - I like Lo-fi Indie or Road Trip to Kyoto.
  4. Evening - either a gentle transition into my evening if it's been a busy day with something instrumental (e.g. Peaceful Guitar), otherwise something laid-back/jazzy/poppy (e.g. Chill Dinner or Jazz in the Background).

Suggested posts