Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

canadian music lovers i need your help

canadian music lovers i need your help

i am looking for new canadian music to get into. i know most of the popular artists from the 90s to today, including various indie darlings of the 2000s until more recently. its new music i am not famliar with. i especially enjoy rock, or folk, or punk, of either big label, or indie bands but any genre is cool. i know the big names like rush and tragically hip, arcade fire, etc so tell me about newcomers. 

24 Replies

If you have a chance to listen the new album of Lara Fabian in english "Camouflage" it's really good. It's maybe too pop for you but songs like "Growing Wings", "We Are The Flyers" or "Camouflage" could make it. She's Belgian and Canadian.

Have you heard of Alvvays?

spotify:track:22cDldSuj9rgIMXwn4Ofn0

Preoccupations

spotify:track:3d5lGpqxg1cMEYrgTaGxZy

Homeshake

spotify:track:7yZTPEXSUqWw7sEYKKDv2N

"I like mindless disco... they say the lyrics are stupid and repetitious. So what's wrong with that? So is lying in the sun. Not everything has to be serious" (Lou Reed, 1979).

**bleep**! I didn't realize Caribou was Canadian? He is my favorite of all time.

"I like mindless disco... they say the lyrics are stupid and repetitious. So what's wrong with that? So is lying in the sun. Not everything has to be serious" (Lou Reed, 1979).

Don't forget Mac Demarco????  Someone may have mentioned him but just in case.

Suggested posts