Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best Overall Songs of 2017 (Share Yours)

Best Overall Songs of 2017 (Share Yours)

Hey all! 

After the godsend that was 2016, we're all hoping for an encore! With new music from the xx, Bonobo, Foxygen, and on the horizon, Japandroids and Arcade Fire - the year is looking good ^_^

Same deal - share tracks you've loved from this year - known or unknown! I'll kick things off:

spotify:track:0VyDfbI76jtldmLnEHQIS4

@rebeccacg @FunkishAudio @jonasherdegen @BenitoKCM @Jazzwhatever 

424 Replies

This song is from a new album by a great (Iranian) contemporary Kurdish artist. Hope you enjoy it.

spotify:track:2FJIggIZFfRcsgyPNxym6u

Persian Contemporary Music

Ayy brand new and clear topic! : )

Fresh discover from today 

spotify:track:2vHX9wnftRMW0DZW41agO3

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Here is a catchy modern rock tune, I came across it in my Release Radar playlist this new Music Friday January 20th, 2017 by the band Year Gone from Finland, this tune could climb up the rock charts maybe? 

spotify:album:6lhoCLzINsIiM00lqn59xR:small

@gooshyar I actually adore this album! Thank you so much for sharing it ^_^

great way to break in 2017

@gooshyar oh and if you have any others I'd love to hear them too ^_^

thanks for the opportunity to post! do you mean songs that were released starting jan 1, 2017? or just songs we've been listening to / enjoying most so far this year?

if we're talking songs that are hitting the spot so far in 2017, this is where i've been at 
spotify:track:6oIOkcU6u5iPlQBHXGJwzN

@MartinStoichkov last year's was a long thread to reply to every message! XD

lil' bit of slow country rock - i loike it

Haha yeah, I`m amazed how you check every user post and reply to it  

spotify:track:0jCG4QJki3NtuEZaebgVgZ:small

@user-removed Finland!! I'm loving the diversity so far 😮

really good track too - the accent really adds to it

@yourninatchka The idea is for songs release in 2017, but I'm okay with good music too!

My favorite song of the year so far comes from Flint Eastwood. Been following her for a couple years now, but this is definitely her most realized work to date.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2NAs8XGbKJ5USNLYvxHvnV

I've been diggin the new Bonobo album so far. Since you already mentioned them, I'm sure you've heard of Second Sun? Maybe not, but here it is 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/16ikmfoT1249gG3pzPvnYt

I love this track. It's a bit eerie, but calming. Definitely my favorite on the album.

I hope you don't mind me sharing another, but I'm also getting into this one by Spoon. Was pleasantly surprised with this one because I didn't know they were working on new music!

https://open.spotify.com/track/2FMvTIIIVIS70zsLWOSwOT

Thank you for making this by the way, and sorry if I tend to ramble; I don't really get to talk about music much as pretty much no one I know listenes to the same music as me haha.

I don't know if you listening to k-pop, but here an acoustic song "Goodbye" from group called 2NE1. 2NE1 - Goodbye

spotify:track:2nYD2p28IbakklZo1nz6Gh:small

@Pantaloon

Yes same here, I was also pleasantly surprised by a new Spoon single as well from last week's New Music Friday releases. Going to be interesting what the rest of the album is like, interesting song.

All the best Indie songs of 2017 are featured, usually the release day, in this playlist :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Playlist-Exchange/A-Different-January-2017-daily-new-releases/td-p/...

Already 400 songs since the beginning of January. If a song is not in the playlist it means it didn't made the cut.

SoundofusSpotify Star

@JayLB

For sure. Spoon has always been an interesting band. Looked it up, looks like the album should be out March 17th; definitely looking forward to it.

Suggested posts