Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Best Overall Songs of 2017 (Share Yours)

Best Overall Songs of 2017 (Share Yours)

Hey all! 

After the godsend that was 2016, we're all hoping for an encore! With new music from the xx, Bonobo, Foxygen, and on the horizon, Japandroids and Arcade Fire - the year is looking good ^_^

Same deal - share tracks you've loved from this year - known or unknown! I'll kick things off:

spotify:track:0VyDfbI76jtldmLnEHQIS4

@rebeccacg @FunkishAudio @jonasherdegen @BenitoKCM @Jazzwhatever 

424 Replies

Young Fathers are an incredible live band and record producer. They mesh cultural elements and fragments of different genres in ways that have rarely been explored before. This has never been more evident than in Only God Knows.

spotify:track:7vmLW0qZn0vBgH6WN7ZAnC

When country is bad, it's terrible. But when it's good, it's great. As here. Caroline Spencer delivers a heartfelt and poignant insight into her troubled mind in 'Slow Dancer'.

spotify:track:0hQSda9OrZONjFJSBSAjfH

Talisco has a deserved reputation for creative indie pop and Thousand Suns brings some wholesome brass into the mix beautifully.

spotify:track:76mWNIjm5Hz9kaa8gYKehi

Ballad. Slow burning. Emtional climax. It's something we're used to from London Grammar, but it never gets old.

spotify:track:7sOjop1bZrXcodvTYWUEkj

Blood on Me and Non one knows me (like the Piano) are fantastic songs off a wonderful album by Sampha. A hidden gem, however, is 'Kora Sings'.

spotify:track:2KEGJRQSMrponrpxkAyqmD

Beautifull aucostic metal ^^

spotify:track:7reNcSrAMKxvnwdQB4tXLG

Killer track from Run River North, scrobbled like 20 times last week

spotify:track:299bYmu784GHe9vPublTEK

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

'Follow my voice' by Julie Byrne is simply mystical. So gentle and breathy that you could easily be fooled that she's your very own long lost lover. If you love it as much as I do, check out 'Not Even Happiness', her sophomore album.

spotify:track:4kDNjE4tpkMKDRKTWixPKw

RY X is synonymous with soulful folk. The Australian born singer-songwriter transports the listener like no other. 'Thunder' is no different.

spotify:track:1tDoBFgpyZBkqO4A32GA5g

San Fermin take their erratic, choral and epic brand of indie to a new level of weird in 'Bride'.

spotify:track:70wzQHJKWDpEkEszpVWkjM

Shilly-Shally by Daiisy plays with what can best be described an indie pop version of scatting. Mellow and unusual, but mesmerising too.

spotify:track:1q1a7f0Wcx92fvalRhTmOY

@yourninatchka i'm really happy with both! ha i love that song by the statler brothers - so ironically upbeat (perfect for a tarantino soundtrack).

One of my favourite songs of the year so far!

spotify:track:517aT1FAil8FOCUhhIo84e

Some songs for those after the hooks! A straight up infectious tune from Baynk and Nika.

spotify:track:7j1Q7Xx6Ozn5mUJfrqaSjp

And an Aussie electronic artist rising in prominence, Elk Road, with his latest track.

spotify:track:2hT7oMGQZVPB3viVTBAadG

@MartinStoichkov it's a pleasure to go through and listen to people's favourite music of the year ^_^ 

what a fantastic song haha

Released on the album Venn by indieheads Clock opera, changeling is a beautifully unqiue rock that perfectly sums up their sound.

spotify:track:53Lo94wEqCUdihPE8u9Lyb

Hey, finally I made a daily updated playlist with my favorite songs from 2017.

Hope you enjoy it.

spotify:user:ehsancinematic:playlist:6r0604GhFT5yijKxVRLa2J

There's this new guy I just discovered on Chill Vibes playlist today. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/5A7vYdnh8f9mlfpRL82gLx

Hopefully a list is alright! 

Let Me Know - MEMBA Remix - No Wyld

Champagne and Sunshine - PLVTINUM, Tarro

This Is How I Let You Down - The Franklin Electric

Grim Reaper - Ryan Caraveo

Eh. Maybe I need to try to get into different music. Lol.

Suggested posts