Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Personal decade playlist

Personal decade playlist

Recently saw that they released the new "your year in music" which is always a fun thing  However they also added a personal decade playlist which was a welcome surprise for me since I've been making monthly and yearly playlists on my own to summarize it myself. This playlist however contained maybe 30% of songs that I recognized or seems like I've listened on. What is this based on?

Since you probably can see when I've added stuff to my own playlists, that seems like a more fair way of creating playlists, as this seems randomized with just added popular songs from my country.

Seems like I still have to create my own summarization playlists, as this was a real letdown. 

Also, bring folder shuffle back for mobile, I know people still want it. 

6 Replies

Mine has 100% musics I've never heard.

Hey @Joaolevysa  and @Hugol0l 

The "Best of the Decade for You" playlist is not exactly the songs that you have listened to. It's more a (regionalized) playlist holding the highlights of the decade relevant to your musical tastes.

As the playlist description says: "a few of the many great songs from past 10 years in a playlist tuned for you."

🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well, in Swedish it just days "some top songs from the last decade". Don't you think it is kinda misleading? I don't really want other people's music, especially music that does not fit at all with my musical taste, so the algorithm is not working at all.

Well, into the bin with it.

Thanks Sebasty for the quick answer!

The problem in the message is "tuned for you.". This is really misleading since in my "personal decade" playlist there were only popular songs from my country and to be honest I do not listen to any of the 100 songs from the list. This is really disapointing.

Yea the playlist is region-influenced.

I am fortunate enough to live in a country that has next to nothing (on Spotify) that would reach the international charts. (:D)

But I see eg. people in Finland can get some Finnish content on that playlist of theirs. Some won't mind it, but others might.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

They either need to rename this playlist or create a playlist which is a decade of my most listened to tracks (which they can totally do and I would very much appreciate) I was so disappointed when I started scrolling through the playlist and realised that I don’t listen to 80% of the stuff in a playlist which was supposed to be for me

Suggested posts