Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Post "otherworldly" songs!

Post "otherworldly" songs!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Hello folks! I'd like to start this topic where we can post songs related to space or songs that contain a celestial body in their title. Help me make a mind-blowing song Galaxy!

I'm kicking off with this song called "Mars" by Sleeping At Last. Hope you enjoy!

https://open.spotify.com/track/0daaffam9LIo8MCK4lzrZP?si=sLl8fkXtTyeDkPrxviQnSg

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
41 Replies

Hey, Jose

I'm glad that you like it. I hope you're having a merry Christmas. I don't know if this is your style or not, but here you go.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0oPdaY4dXtc3ZsaG17V972?si=XlZGCAtbQ4OCPNM1IF5NMQ

Follow me

Omg! Hahaha that's just great. Btw, did you know I'm Spanish? Otherwise, it's a great coincidence. Hope you have a merry Christmas too 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey, Jose

No, I didn't know that you're Spanish. That's why, even though I thought you might have been Mexican, I didn't want to assume that you spoke Spanish or listened to that style of music. That's also why I don't use a certain couple of terms (one that is made up) to refer to someone that is of a Spanish (or Portuguese) speaking country. That incorrectly lumps them all together. Is the Spanish, in this song, different from (I stopped myself and asked Google where Jose Feliciano is from, thinking he's from Mexico) Puerto Rican Spanish, or is it original Spanish, still? I may have met one actual Spanish person, ever. It's pretty rare. I've been curious what Spanish music sounds like. People, here, say "Spanish", when they really mean "Mexican" or some other nationality's music, and that's all I have heard, beside Spanish style guitar. I recently found out what Spanish food is like, though it was only through text and pictures in a book and online. Just to hear what it's like, maybe you could make a playlist for people to hear what Spanish music sounds like and post it.

Follow me

Hey @MadmanOnWheels! Hope you're doing great.

Well, in fact, he does sound a bit different from the Spanish accent here in Spain. Especially, because he pronounces "z" like "s" while in Spain, it's pronounced differently. However, even though they can vary in certain terms and accent both versions of Spanish are correct. On another note, I just realised it was my username what gave it away 😂

So here are some cool Spanish pop songs made in España lol:

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX3sCT1ItXgNd?si=4aLjR75YQMiP0ayC8EkxOA

If you're interested in other types of music, let me know and I'll try to look for some good Spanish music of that genre. By the way, Spanish food's great, however, it's not quite as good in images and texts. If you ever come to Spain, make sure to try some typical dishes 😋

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey, Jose

I should have been more specific, I apologize. I meant traditional Spanish music. Even though I'm not into pop, except for some from the 80's (like Michael Jackson et cetera), I'll check it out. I was wanting to compare Spain's traditional style to Mexico's. I guess I mean their Mariachi music, and if there's another style that I don't know the name of, that's been in their culture for a long time. I'm glad that the song isn't a dialect that hard for you to understand, so you could enjoy it.

Follow me

Oh I see what you mean. I'll look for some typical Spanish music in a second, I guess you mean more traditional music like "flamenco". And yeah, I could understand the song perfectly. In fact, that's a very classical Christmas song here in Spain 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey, Jose

I just listened to a good portion of the playlist, skipping through some of each of those songs. It wasn't what I expected, from you telling me that it's pop. I was thinking it was going to be like Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, One Direction... (none of which I listen to). Now, some of it was a little like that Reggaeton stuff, but a lot of what I heard was more like what Contemporary Christian music and lighter rock. I don't and wouldn't listen to any of this or any other music in Spanish (or other languages), outside of just hearing for curiosity, but it wasn't bad; it was better than I expected. Thanks for sharing it. Yeah, tasting the food would be better. We need some Spanish restaurants in the United States, for those who can't travel.

Follow me

So I've been searching some playlists and I think this is a good one as it includes many classical Spanish songs:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1fGnSG8pKS2T4VAbXIaV8v?si=h4CJeKSVQ4iGR7y3ID6fEA
Hope you like it and let me know what you think of it 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

I guess that's what I mean. I've heard of Flamenco, and have heard the little piece of whatever song it is that pretty much represents it to everyone. It's used a lot in movies and shows. I don't know if there's other styles of music that are considered traditional and are still around today, in Spain, though.

Follow me

Hello!

There are a lot of different music styles here in Spain, however, traditional genres aren't very popular between young people lately. For instance, reggaeton, trap, rap, pop, hip-hop, etc. are increasingly becoming more popular. Also, yes there are more traditional genres similar to flamenco (bulería, sevillana, rumba...) however, to be honest there's not a big difference between them. Have a nice day 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

The second song that I'm listening to, "Dame Veneno", sounds very Arabic influenced, as does "El Toro Guapo". Maybe more do, too. I didn't expect to hear accordion in it. I had heard that Mexican music had it, because of the German influence. I don't know if Spain was also influenced with it, by another country, also, or it was already in the music, when Spain invaded Mexico, but just got more infused when Germany invaded. "El Emigrante" sounds nice, like it would be in classic black and white movie. There's one song that I found funny, only because I was able to understand what he was saying, from know certain words, and inferring what the title is. It's "Mi Carro", and he's saying "where is my car", right? A couple songs seem almost operatic. Maybe they are opera songs. The singers are good, and some of the music in them is like in other country's opera music. So, it transcends culture. I like the guitar sound in "El Porompomper". I can also imagine women in long dresses dancing to it. That Nino Bravo reminds me a little of Elvis, from one song that I heard ("Un Beso Y Una Flor"). I'm trying to listen to more, but Spotify is screwing up.

Follow me

Oh, alright. That's sad; it like here, with a lot of older and classic music that a lot of the younger people don't appreciate or even listen to/know.

Follow me

Hello again! I'm glad to hear you like some songs ^^ In fact, yes Spain has had a very important Arabic influence as it used to be mainly conquered by Muslims. However, I'm not 100% sure that's what influenced the Mexican culture. And yeah, some do sound like opera songs, watching the singers perform is very interesting as they get very emotional.

Happy holidays!
Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey @LucasNelson! Thanks for sharing that song with us. Of course it counts 🙂 I already knew that one and I think it's a great song. Hope you have a nice holiday.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Yeah, they were interesting. And, I'll have to check out more about Spain and the influences on it. I wish you a happy new year.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/7GuP5wHdnDGawTWDIGRkEl?si=ixtKyIL5QR6weOSbKdIv...

Follow me

Thank you! Hope you have a happy new year as well 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Amazing weird song by Bejamin Clementine:

spotify:track:3Ta3a06kFTBkqADHg4J6KH

This was the first one to come to my mind... https://open.spotify.com/track/1OLjQ17sLCilqZrvQEVkQX

Hello @KrackerChrome and @deepclearsea! Thanks for sharing those songs. They're pretty accurate, haha. I hope you have a nice holidays 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts