Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHAT IS SOUL ? ๐ŸŽง MULTI PLAYLIST THREAD ๐ŸŽง

WHAT IS SOUL ? ๐ŸŽง MULTI PLAYLIST THREAD ๐ŸŽง

image.png

WHAT IS SOUL IS A WEEKLY CAREFULLY CURATED 100 TRACK PLAYLIST DESIGNED TO BLEND TOGETHER SOUL, FUNK, JAZZ, DISCO HOUSE, HIP HOP, DUB, REGGAE, AOR, MOTOWN AFROBEAT AND MUCH MORE ALL WITH A

SOULFUL GROOVE, SO SET YOUR SPOTIFY CROSSFADE SETTINGS TO FULL AND ENJOY THE MUSIC.

ALL WEEKLY PLAYLIST'S WILL BE ADDED TO THIS THREAD AND POSTED EVERY FRIDAY FOR THE WHOLE OF 2016

THERE WILL BE SPECIAL'S THEMES FEATURING CHOSEN ARTISTS,  RECORD LABELS OR GENRE'S

THIS WEEK A CELEBRATION OF THE SADLY DEPARTED MINDFLUID RADIO SHOW 

67 Replies

The idea of 'What is Soul' came about from sharing music in They Reminisce or T.R.O.Y it is a Facebook group set up in 2014 to share Soul Funk Jazz Disco House and Hip Hop from the classic tracks from way back to the underground sounds you've never heard of and also discovering and sharing new music every week for everyone to enjoy. For more information see the blog, listen to the playlist's or get involved in the group..

Blog for T.R.O.Y

Blog. https://theyreminisce.wordpress.com/

Playlist.net account http://playlists.net/members/paul-sims

Music from T.R.O.Y 2014

Music from T.R.O.Y 2015

Music from T.R.O.Y 2016

Updated Daily as tracks are posted to group.

A favourite playlist of some of the classic Soul, Funk, Jazz and Disco tracks, that were played at two legendary New York clubs, The Paradise Garage and The Loft, where lots of the What is Soul music is influenced from

A history lesson in music on this playlist, all tracks played in the highly influential night the Highland Room at Blackpool Mecca.

This is where the music of Northern Soul was mixed with the new Disco Sound and 70's US Soul which was later called Modern Soul.

The DJ of this club Inspired the What is Soul playlist's with his multi genre music selection and ability to change with all the new styles of music arriving in the 70's 80's and 90's.

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Mindfluid radio show on Solar radio by Kev Beadle another excellent source for the music to be heard on WIS, on this playlist I have compiled over 1000 tracks of artists and tracks played over the last year.

Playlist of Craig Charles radio show on 6music in the Uk, a show you can hear lot's of the fantastic Funk and Soul featured on the What is Soul playlists.

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

Week 1

Breakwater, Brainstorm, Cheryl Lynn, Chaka Khan, Karen Young, First Choice, Betty Wright, Harold Melvin, Blair, James Brown, Sean Khan, Sheila Ford, Larry Young and Lee Dorsey just some of the featured artist's.

Playlist is set up so each track compliment's each other and mix into each other, so set the crossfade to full and don't shuffle.

Week 2

U Roy, Jestofunk, Lamont Dozier, Sister Sledge, Crown Heights Affair, War, Bileo, Quincy Jones, Marvin Gaye, AlexGopher, Sly and the Family Stone, Al Green and Ann Peebles just some of the featured artist's.

Week 3

Bobby Womack, Quantic, The Beloved, Smokey Robinson, Dr Lonnie Smith, George Duke, Manu Dibango, Ten City, Joe Bataan, Ashford and Simpson, Poldore and Issac Hayes just some of the featured acts.

Set that crossfade right across, don't shuffle and no skipping for best listening experience.

Week 4

Mindfluid the excellent source for new music, Kev Beadles radio show is on Solar radio or uploaded into mixcloud and podomatic, here I have compiled some of my favourite tracks from the show from 2016, tracks often featured on WIS

What is Soul is now featured on Playlist.net and soon to be on Playlist.net new IOS and Google play app Playlist a day.

Follow me here >> Playlist.net

image.png

Suggested posts