Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your favorite tracks including classical patterns

Your favorite tracks including classical patterns

Hey everyone, 

I recently came across this thread and it inspired me to start a challenge. Can you think of any songs that include samples, motifs or patterns from classical masterpieces, written by classical composers?

Let me give you a hint with some tracks I’d like to share. We’ll start with Love U Crazay by RnB trio En Vogue. 

spotify:track:6tQkovZp2lXdGeCLbFrjIT:small 

You can notice a classical sample that sounds familiar. That’s right! This is Tchaikovsky’s Danse de la Fée Dragée (Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy), a scene in the ballet The Nutcracker

spotify:track:4QTFU7BukoyDtyyemGPNCX:small  

Angelica by Lamb, a british downtempo duo, a vocalless nearly-dubstep track with a repeating piano motif. 

spotify:track:5Rq2hPEd7UWN6i9tME54dj:small 

This is actually a sample from Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy, part of the Suite Bergamasque composed for piano. 

spotify:track:5u5aVJKjSMJr4zesMPz7bL:small  

I'm curious to hear more examples like these. Let me know if you can think of any tracks with similar composition.   

Cheers! 

3 Replies

Well I saw this thread @Ivan  but couldn't think of any track, but a few minutes ago I find this one:

spotify:track:4dCpAQEmFOhhqtIdvQCCZO 

That not only fit perfectly with the holidays but also uses The Nutcracker Suite Act No. 7 Dance of the Flutes by Piotr Ilich Tchaikovsky.

I hope you can enjoy it.

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Jpgchief

That's a great example of what I was looking for!

Thanks for sharing, I gave it a listen and also checked the original Tchaikovsky masterpiece, which is adorable.

Have a wonderful day  🎼  🎧  🎵 

Suggested posts