Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

autumn nostalgia

autumn nostalgia

hey hey, i'm new to the community but wanted to ask the forum an arbitrary question - has anyone ever missed something they've never even experienced? it's so weird to describe but that's what the feeling of autumn gives me; i feel nostalgic for the cosy season depicted in films, although i've never lived through it myself. it's a warm sort of sadness, like i want something sweet i'll never have 😉

anyways, here's my autumn playlist which i think encapsulates that vibe

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1973gRNnAeu2jR55LrmWQ1?si=b69444927c7f4db4

please share yours! also please if you follow the playlist, don't follow my actual account if that's okay! i just don't want the followers on my spotify to be hollow non-listeners:)

5 Replies

@alisonthevache -
That's a cool idea for a playlist - a very sophisticated idea. Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community!

Hey @alisonthevache, welcome to the Community from me too! 

I agree with @XPerryMental here, very cool playlist idea! I don't have one to share - I'm not the biggest fan of automn but I'll give yours a listen. Thanks for sharing!

Also,

@alisonthevache wrote:

....has anyone ever missed something they've never even experienced?...

That's such a great question! I was actually chatting with @MattSuda about cakes earlier and he mentioned pumpkin pies. I've never had one in my life (we don't celebrate Halloween and pumpkins aren't a big deal in my corner of the world) but now I crave/miss having one so bad. Even to just try a small piece. So, I completely get what you mean about autumn. Hope you can get to experience it 🍂 🤞

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi both!

Thanks for the most warm welcomes, I appreciate it so much - this community really is something special and am so glad I joined! 😄

Hope you two have an amazing day, you've just made mine.

Hey @alisonthevache and yes I can understand very well what you mean by that feeling! It's not autumn as much, I get those vibes when I listen to, or smell something that even remotely reminds me of something or a location I haven't really been to, but would love so much to experience and explore.

Autumn for me is this sort of a chilly-yet-somehow-really-warming period full of color and sweet apples at first, and then it becomes dark, wet and very cold after leaves are gone. It's time of the souls, basically. There is a brilliant album by Gidge called Autumn Bells, it encapsulates everything about the vast Scandinavian landscapes in autumn. It's cool, serene and really pretty. In all the other seasons it makes me feel a bit depressed, but right now it feels incredible. I think Norrland in particular is wonderful example.

So, maybe you'll find something from here:

spotify:album:1g7HtsCvAtxvxhLVEHM9zm 

Wonderful selection of songs, by the way!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts